Thursday April 17 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers

GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #1

I hate to say it, but GR2 STUNK. I give it a 2/10. We just watched the first GR a couple of nights back, and I’d give that a 6/10… WAY better than this new nugget. VERY cool to see the VMax in the new movie, but sadly the movie just sucked. I found myself looking forward to it ending, glancing at my watch a lot, and even tried to sneak in a nap during the middle. What a total nugget.

The good: Seeing quite a few shots of the VMax. Clearly, the bike is a centerpiece in the movie. Awesome to see the VMax multiple times throughout the show. There were also a few minor humor moments that worked alright. The special effects? Better in GR2.

The bad: The story stinks, and it's boring. The movie feels really stitched together between the action sequences. Weak plot. Near non-existent character dev. The story even rewrites some history from the first movie (signing of the deal, the soul stealing sequence etc).

All-in-all. I'll probably buy the movie when it comes out on DVD just to watch the VMax scenes, but I'll never watch the full movie again. The first Ghost Rider movie? WAY better. I'd much rather see that again. Sadly, the new movie is a let-down. If it wasn't for the VMax in the movie, I'd be irked I just wasted a couple hours of my life watching it.

Oh well, still way cool the VMax took center stage in the show. Rabid VMax fans like me? Worth seeing it for the bike. Regular movie goers like my financee'? Big thumbs down.
  • MN_MAX
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 113
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VMaxChuck, Kodiak, Qtip, Jack_Mitchell, aewhitney, Remaxed, Forgottenone1227, BBJordo

Re: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #2

Dammit...I was afraid this was going to be bad, I thought the first one was pretty terrible and figured it could only get better. I'll still see it though, haha. :whistle:
Thanks for the review!
  • BBJordo
  • Junior Max
  • Thank you received: 24

Re: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #3

You need to watch "The Tree of Life" first before going to GR2! :)
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 312
2009 Vmax - The Money Pig
2002 Vmax - Mr. Max

Re: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #4

Nick must have some die hard fans out there though because there were actually people applauding after the movie. Maybe they were applauding because it was over.

It wasn't good, no. But I've seen worse. I loved seeing Max on the big screen.

:winkwink:

- Grover
Every motorcycle has a reason for being. With some, that reason just is more obvious than with others. - Cycle World Classics

Re: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #5

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup: Might have to wait til it's at the "cheap seats" theater...........
  • VMaxChuck
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 297
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by VMaxChuck.

Re: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #6

Maybe "Chuck Norris" may have saved the day? :rotflmao: He must have a look a like some where? :hmmm: or "Bruce Willis" :suspicious: or Arny :arghhh: maybe a few others?? :goodbad2: I don`t think MAX would care a shit , just more victims to play with :steam:
VMAXD
  • VMAXD
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 886

Re: GR2 STUNK - No Spoilers 2 years 1 month ago #7

I just watched GR1 on dvd again and as far as films go if there were no bikes in it i think it would be crap i am expecting like your review has stated, the only thing is the Max worth seeing and hopefully better graphics
  • moto15
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 110
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook