Thursday April 24 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Its Finally Home!

Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #1

Today was a great day, finally got to pick up the new beast and all i can say is pictures don't do this bike justice. I joined this forum back in late september when I found this brand new left over 2009 at the dealer, last new Vmax in the state and they don't plan on ordering any new ones as this was the last of the 5 brought to Alaska, none of the other dealers even ordered any. Any way i put a nice deposit down for them to stash it away until February when i could pay for the rest (didn't need another loan) and got to bring her home today.
As a nice little gift they even gave me the giant banner they had in the back, never even hung it up i guess and was still new in the tube. Too big for the garage so i guess ill hang it in the trailer. Here are some pics i took (ignore the water on the floor, snow melt from the wires car lol) after getting her home. I get to stare at her for a day or two and time to start the modding,
Tim if you read this the ecu will be there by the end of the week (also sent you a pm). Heres some photos guys, probably boring for you as its just a bone stock new bike but i am super excited and there will be lots of work done to it before it goes in to the big bike show in Anchorage in April.

• hirevn
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 285
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by hirevn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmaxbabe, VMaxChuck, Kodiak, Qtip, skullmax, Remaxed, docrok, magg4444, No_Max

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #2

Cool on the bike getting home. And nothings better than a new stock bike picture finally home. And if you think any of us believe that's snow and not from you getting over excited. We won't judge!!

Good grab on the Banner too!! wicked cool. I see you scored some badges too..

How much time do you get to do your mods until it's worthy to ride type weather??

Mike D
  • skullmax
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1270

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #3

Wow, too cool! Brand new '09 with zero miles on the clock. Somebody with an '09 has less than me now. I only have 6300. She's a beaut Clark, I can feel your excitement. Congratulations!
  • The Flying W
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 398
You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #4

looking good, have lots of fun, from down under
  • Hanshi
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 429
My name is Helen, I got my 1st bike in 1973 it was a 650 Yamaha in 1974 I had 2 650 Yamaha's I then got a 850 Yamaha and was the 1st in New Zealand to get the 1100 Yamaha.I have a 2005 xjr1300
I would like someone to buy me a 2009 VMax as I just love the look of this bike and I would love to ride...

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #5

skullmax wrote:
Cool on the bike getting home. And nothings better than a new stock bike picture finally home. And if you think any of us believe that's snow and not from you getting over excited. We won't judge!!

Good grab on the Banner too!! wicked cool. I see you scored some badges too..

How much time do you get to do your mods until it's worthy to ride type weather??

Mike D

Wont get to ride until maybe early to mid may, the bike will be totally different by then with a Brocks system, Gurued, MAB, 240, etc. I have the performance part of it all figured out but need to figure out what will be powder coat and what will be left silver. Going for a partially blacked out kinda theme, painted side covers and scoops most likely.

Thanks for the complements,
Phil.
  • hirevn
  • Expert Max

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #6

Congrads man!!! For any one of us that has experienced this new found excitement...it is never boring when another gets it home. Luv your camaro as well. Have fun.........

Rick
  • 92vmax
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 62
Time to Ride This is VMAX

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #7

Very nice! Looks like mine. Stock so far. My 09 only has 3250ish mi. so far Flying W! :bigsmile:
  • roadtrip
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 244

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #8

:yes: :clap:

Congrats. If you think you can't stop smiling right now wait until you get home after that first ride.

Scott

P.S. My '09 only has 2239 miles on it and I'm the second owner. B)
  • sal70lemans
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 167

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #9

Look at dinans bike for a while his is about the coolest looking Max i have seen his gloss black scoops and side covers
and black billet lowered with the belly pan is easy on the eyes for sure.

I still get excited when someone gets a brandy new one stock or not kinda like getting Baptized still have emotions for
that stuff you have a blank canvas let the artistry begin.

You might want to look at the Rizoma handlebars PJ's parts sell little narrower little more forward def more aggressive
for racing but not enough to take away from the handeling cheap to like 80 bucks and fast black like you new bike.
Shorty levers are a nice touch once you are used to em you will never go back.

You def got the Performance covered you are the first I think to ride a totally decked performance package without first
riding it stock boy are you in for a wake up call .........

Congrats...... Phil.

capt
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1739
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by capt bob.

Re: Its Finally Home! 2 years 2 months ago #10

I have looked at Dinans bike very closley in his pics in the BST thread, love it. Now I'm not wanting to copy him for sure but we must have similar tastes cause its kinda what i had pictured in my mind before i ever saw his.
Your right Bob, it will still have 0 miles and as far as the performance side it will be done before i ever get to ride it along with BST'S and a few other odds and ends. I will save some stuff for next winter like some SATO stuff and other things I'm opting out of buying now so i can get the BST'S while i still can.
As far as the handle bars i have ordered the black K-MAXX fattys with chromed clamp (bars are fatter than 1- 1/8th and have clamp to fit) from Germany, spent too much for sure but just loved the look of that set up. Once they show up I will measure the bar end hole and will be buying the Rizoma grips, ends, mirrors and shorty levers from PJ,s.
  • hirevn
  • Expert Max
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook