Friday April 18 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Saddle Bags

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #21

Brett you crack me up. Any excuse to post up that pic! Kudos mate!
I think your end caps help more than you think directing flow in a more of a shot gun style, plus if you angle is a bit different it all adds up.

Doc, maybe you should see if you can tweak the cans a little. But like you if you've been burned before its hard to try again with a new set unless you still have the old ones around. Its a tough one, but at least you seem to be talking to the right people to have it solved for you. No replacement for experience!
  • VmaxOZ
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1493
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docrok

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #22

I also run the cortec set up can pack alot of stuff in them bags speed rated up to 140mph too

one word of advise lay a micro fiber towel against the fender the rubber backing of the bags is soft but little pebbles can get up and in causing a sick fealing later when your fender turns white as the paint is being sanded down!!
  • tjohnsen
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 369

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #23

jbretthorton wrote:
I have a set, like new, but do not have the mounting brackets for them.
Nice bags but do not work with the backrest.... That is why I am selling them...

Hi,
I am based in Belfast, north of Ireland. Touring Europe June this year. The hard oem bags I like a lot but look too small
(great if they made them bigger, like they could of done with fuel tank). These soft bags look like they hold a lot,
but Exactrep (europe)the only place I have found that sells them, are just too feckn expensive.
Dose anyone know any euro shops that do them? Or even stateside for price comparison?

Also you say that they dont work with the back rest (Which I have fitted). Do you mean style ways or function?
(wont fit with back rest in place)

I am also considering the 25 litre fuel tank conversion (this is were most of my money is going).
As I toured europe on gen 1 and had some close calls, finally running right out of petrol in France
(on a sunday,the non corporate petrol stations close). Also the guys I am touring with all have 150+ mpg bikes.

Did Yamaha never imagine that we might want to tour this Bike. Maybe they will mod that petrol tank in future models.
In the meantime, i'm trawling the net for alternatives to luggage and fuel issue.
Thanks to all who have replied and those who will.
Sláinte
  • GMDmax
  • Fresh Max

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #24

Physically do not fit using the backrest, they have there own mounting system
  • jbretthorton
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1181

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #25

GMD, it iz my understanding through members' reports here that the yammi soft bags have no more space than the hard bags, which waz an obvious drawbag, in addition to the pricing. I would seriously go w the setup VmaxOz posted for around 200 USDollars, az long az your pipes/cans will allow it, az that will carry much more than those yammi soft bags.

I do like the looks of those yamaha softies, yet, practically the cortechs, IMHO, are the ticket.
  • docrok
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1139
To the Max....

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #26

Almost true Doc,
The Soft Yami bags do have just a bit more room in them, a tad wider in the bottom as well.

Agreed about the Cortechs being more practical as well...
  • jbretthorton
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1181
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by jbretthorton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: docrok

Re: Saddle Bags 2 years 1 month ago #27

jbretthorton wrote:
Almost true Doc,
The Soft Yami bags do have just a bit more room in them, a tad wider in the bottom as well.
\

Well they should be Brett, for az proud they are of them!! :ohmy:
  • docrok
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1139
To the Max....
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbretthorton
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook