Friday April 18 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is wrong with FAT?

What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #1

Over the years one of the great fixations of VMax riders has been the wide rear tires... FAT rear tire for Max riders has been always the desired L@@ks.

While pursuing the FAT rear tire look riders have simultaneously spend serious ca$$$$h for improvement of front and rear suspension (again I am talking about G1 here). The idea with the suspension modifications was to create a more responsive G1 VMax

The problem is that a wider rear tire will always increase the effort needed to lean the bike and consequently change the bike direction. reduced steering = Diminished riding enjoyment on twisted roads.

So VMax riders have over the years irrationally pursuit two opposing objectives... looking for improved steering while undermining the same objective trying to l@@ok cooler.

I wonder how many of the current G2 projects are filled with similar inconsistencies....:dry:

Go figure..... :-)

A~
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #2

I like a Phat rear. My Vmax will get a 240mm rear end and it will handle just fine. I think this vmax handles awesome. I have NO chicken strips and to date have still not hit anything in a corner. This bike is awesome. I can understand why the mags said it was harder handling than the B-King because I can feel the weight differance jumping from R1 to vmax but once your moving the vmax just incredible. Best bike Ive ever owned. I feel so comfortable on this bike its incredible. Maybe its my abnormal strength and weight but this bike handles awesome.

260mm Warrior, and 240mm Raider 28" MUDDERS..lol..

• Theohiomike
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 6
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ,
AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS,
ONE NATION UNDER GOD,
INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #3

Hooooooooooollllly smoke THAT is a big A#@ tire!! Mike... LOL...

And I looove the wheels. Beautiful bike Mike!! Congrats.. really.

I heard you there on how great the G2 handles however the laws of physics will not change even for the mighty max ;-)

the wider the tire --> the more surface to round on the corner... the more surface the more effort to turn... the more effort to turn the harder to negotiate twisties ...that is all.

Perhaps the stock size is the best...for day to day riding applications.

Similar inconsistency in objectives is found elsewhere... for example... we all complain about the mileage and the reach that the skimpy VMax tank allow us to have...

However, ALL mods presented so far have not discussed the impact of performance gains (louder - faster - stronger) on fuel consumption (simple efficiency) ... not one solution or modification has addressed this fuel short coming (unless posted in some obscure posting that I missed.)

For me a 10 miles gain in fuel efficiency during a long A#$@ trip is very very desirable.

A~

Theohiomike wrote:
I like a Phat rear. My Vmax will get a 240mm rear end and it will handle just fine. I think this vmax handles awesome. I have NO chicken strips and to date have still not hit anything in a corner. This bike is awesome. I can understand why the mags said it was harder handling than the B-King because I can feel the weight differance jumping from R1 to vmax but once your moving the vmax just incredible. Best bike Ive ever owned. I feel so comfortable on this bike its incredible. Maybe its my abnormal strength and weight but this bike handles awesome.

Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by amaurycdsf.

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #4

i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/jeffedose/DSC00919.jpg

I run a 330 and yes it gets a little tough in the canyons and yes you go thru front tires.If you wanted a stellar performing bike that is why you buy a crotch rocket not a vmax...the vmax has always been about individuality. thats it...maxxers are not the norm and everyone is unique...
  • jeffe
  • Senior Max

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #5

Well said Jeffe & I see you know how to post pics now. Thanks for the picture :)
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #6

Love the design of the orange Max.... nice to look at it. Somehow the handling issue still stands... but we can change the topic from handling to looks and individuality too. B)

A~

jeffe wrote:
i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/jeffedose/DSC00919.jpg

I run a 330 and yes it gets a little tough in the canyons and yes you go thru front tires.If you wanted a stellar performing bike that is why you buy a crotch rocket not a vmax...the vmax has always been about individuality. thats it...maxxers are not the norm and everyone is unique...

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #7

Whoops...... my bad. By accident I logged on to the J.R. high thread posting section, sorry
  • Dr. Rob
  • Fresh Max

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #8

I squat 405 lbs for reps, deadlift 500LBS and bench almost 400., I use to do more but lost alot of weight. This Vmax will do what ever I tell it too. A 240mm Rear tire will not hamper my handling anything bigger and I will give you that.
  • Theohiomike
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 6
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ,
AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS,
ONE NATION UNDER GOD,
INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #9

Or we could change the topic to be about people that like to stir the pot.
  • Hypermax
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 22

Re:What is wrong with FAT? 5 years 3 weeks ago #10

Theohiomike wrote:

Those are beautiful Bikes Mike. Envy envy envy :lol:
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook