Monday April 21 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: vmax horsepower

vmax horsepower 5 years 7 months ago #1

Re: horsepower

We know that the max has 122-124 pounds torgue.
We know that the red line is 9500 and that the max is supposed to hold it's torque via the new toys.
We know that torque (123?) x rpm (9500) divided by 5252 equals real horsepower number.
If all this is true the max would be putting out 222.4 horsepower.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:vmax horsepower 5 years 7 months ago #2

I have already mentioned in another thread that a colleague of mine who is an engineer said that this engine has the potential of 400+ HP, but wanted to see it (the bike in person) before confirming.

I showed him the cut away pics Oliver provided and after two days of looking at them and doing some math on him laptop, he said that the engine (in his opinion) still has that kind of potential in HP. But, the rest of the bike could not take it that kind of HP and it has to be redesigned, almost entirely :dry:

Not, sure exactly what he meant. I will stop by his office to talk to him and get more details. Sometimes, people with PhD. in math can be a little cryptic in their communications :unsure:
  • xbite9
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 2

Re:vmax horsepower 5 years 7 months ago #3

This is interesting stuff, ive never seen formulas like that for estimating horsepower. I really dont understand how it works, how can you develop a potential horsepower or actual horsepower figures from a static figure like actual torque? How does it take into account intake charge pulses and exhaust restrictions, fueling and ignition/computer limitation? Valve lift, duration, float, and spring pressures? What about temperature and stresses on the connecting rods? Ive never seen a RELIABLE engine, with such a small displacement, put out 400 HP with regular connecting rods, they would fly apart if they werent H-beam rods.

What am I missing?:huh:
  • Biff Ballbag
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 7

Re:vmax horsepower 5 years 7 months ago #4

You're missing the part where he didn't say RELIABLE. lol
  • BikerJ0e
  • Senior Max
It doesn't matter what you ride, just as long as it's a VMax!

Re:vmax horsepower 5 years 7 months ago #5

197 HP @ 9000 RPMS, 123 ft/lbs torque @ 6500 RPMS and they have to cross @ 5250, No that doesn't look right :hmmm: The torque is a by product of a "V" engine with alot of HP and compression,
  • GSloan
  • Junior Max

Re:vmax horsepower 5 years 7 months ago #6

BikerJ0e wrote:
You're missing the part where he didn't say RELIABLE. lol

:laugh: I guess so, with enough NO2 anything will put out 400 HP, for a minute or two.

I guess I just dont understand how so many factors can be taken into account to get a number like that, there are so many variables to consider that can really only be measured with live testing. Example, you build an engine from the ground up with all the right parts, a potential horsepower number is figured on, but in reality it will be very different based on so many differnt things. Ambient air temperature, barometric pressure, altitude from sea level, octane rating, tuning, and so on and so on...
  • Biff Ballbag
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 7
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook