Wednesday April 23 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flash ???

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #21

Tim, what is the turn around time right now ?
  • VMAXNORI
  • Junior Max
  • Thank you received: 5
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #22

yea, the DDclutch is a one up on the factory spring.Doubled up to catch sooner and make the clutches last longer too..The ring is something that Rick Rash, has 4sale..
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1767
I'm right here..REALLY!!

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #23

Think I’m sold on this flash as said in this post what the turnaround time for us Europeans’ and do we have to pay import duty when we get the ECU back or is it $600 all-inclusive I have a Vance & Hines CS-1 I take it Tim’s 4 into 2 will be the map flash for this setup
  • mt01ash
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 163

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #24

You will love the Flash.
  • Mrmaxx
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 185
Brocks 4-1 with short Mega
PC5
Big Air
PC power shifter
Double D clutch
Yamaha race computer
NASH FLASH
Conti 240 Wide wheel
"X" VMOA #22

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #25

I love the way the stock exhaust looks on the bike, and for now, plan on keeping it that way. I also don't plan on doing the Big Air setup since what I've read on this forum tells me I might only get a little gain near max RPM. Basically, since my bike is just about brand new to me, I plan on keeping it stock for a bit.

With that said, I really like the idea of a better running, A/F ratio tuned VMax. I also am very impressed with work I see in videos posted by the VMax Guru. Very cool. I'm interested in a Guru tune for a stop setup.

My guestion is around warranty... Will my bike's entire warranty be voided if I get a different ECU? In my past, I've modded a lot of cars. Typically, just the modded parts are not covered by warranty. Example, you throw on a cold-air intake, and you can't expect that new setup/intake to be covered under warranty. Wouldn't the same apply for a VMax warranty? Shouldn't just my ECU's warranty be voided? Has Yamaha truly voided anyone's full wanrranty for a ECU swap? Seems crazy harsh. Curious...

Thanks in advance.
  • MN_MAX
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 113
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by MN_MAX.

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #26

MN_MAX wrote:
I love the way the stock exhaust looks on the bike, and for now, plan on keeping it that way. I also don't plan on doing the Big Air setup since what I've read on this forum tells me I might only get a little gain near max RPM. Basically, since my bike is just about brand new to me, I plan on keeping it stock for a bit.

With that said, I really like the idea of a better running, A/F ratio tuned VMax. I also am very impressed with work I see in videos posted by the VMax Guru. Very cool. I'm interested in a Guru tune for a stop setup.

My guestion is around warranty... Will my bike's entire warranty be voided if I get a different ECU? In my past, I've modded a lot of cars. Typically, just the modded parts are not covered by warranty. Example, you throw on a cold-air intake, and you can't expect that new setup/intake to be covered under warranty. Wouldn't the same apply for a VMax warranty? Shouldn't just my ECU's warranty be voided? Has Yamaha truly voided anyone's full wanrranty for a ECU swap? Seems crazy harsh. Curious...

Thanks in advance.

Are you friendly with your dealer? That helps. ;)

Typically the mod you make would have to have been the direct cause of the failure/warranty claim. So conceivably if something in the drive-train broke because you are now making more power, they could point to the ECU as the cause I suppose.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't hesitate to install one of GuruedGears re-flashed ECU's on my NEW bike. But that's a call you'll have to make.....but as you can see from reading here nobody is breaking their bikes. The dealers have broken a few....but not the owners.

I'm no expert....but I play one on the internet :)
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2938
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by itgoes.

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #27

VMAXNORI wrote:
Tim, what is the turn around time right now ?

About a week for tunes I have finished and posted to the website. If your Jack from "up yonder", 6 months. ;-)
  • VMaxGuru
  • Site Sponsor
  • Thank you received: 1618
Ride soon,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #28

I would love to have my ecu G-FlashED!!! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

'cept i have an x-pipe... :whistle:
  • Remaxed
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1356
Don't sweat the small stuff... it aint worth it! lol

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #29

Remaxed wrote:
I would love to have my ecu G-FlashED!!! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

'cept i have an x-pipe... :whistle:

Almost done with DW & Big Air, X Pipe is next.
  • VMaxGuru
  • Site Sponsor
  • Thank you received: 1618
Ride soon,
Tim Nash
GuruedGear
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remaxed

Re: Flash ??? 2 years 2 months ago #30

Tim, I would like to get a reflash in the future, when i can afford it. But after a cat delete and exaust upgrade. For now, i have the air box mod done. Would it benifit me to adjust the CO through the bike's display for fuel enrichment??
  • roadtrip
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 242
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook