Thursday April 17 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Disclaimer: Any modification made to your motorcycle can potentially void your factory warranty and conflict with local and federal laws. Any such changes should be performed by an experienced and licensed mechanic.
The descriptions provided in here are for entertainment purposes only. www.starVmax.com does not endorse nor recommend do-it-yourself modifications.
Use your own judgement and check with local authorities (e.g. DMV) to determine if you are allowed and capable to perform such tasks. www.starVmax.com cannot be held responsible for any incidents or injuries as a result of any modifications described here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are those case covers durable ?

Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #1

They look awesome on the bike

but are they durable or just for the show ?

www.cannesmotoservices.com/product.php?id_product=547
  • StallionM5
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 31
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #2

001_2011-05-02.JPG

004_2011-05-02-3.JPG

004_2011-05-02-2.JPG

Stalion yes the Otec covers are durable I low sided at 20mph last year the plasctic sliders did their job they broke and got ground up but are replaceable the actual clear lexan is quite thick sealed with o-rings and about 100 screws.
Personaly I anodized mine black before they had the option unfortunatley the heat of the motor is turning them bronze, I do not know what process they are using for their black finish. I may go for more Black Chrome next winter or repaing black. Oh yea 6000 miles and thay havent broke yet or look cloudy.
  • tjohnsen
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 369
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bad_Max, MsRandiGalves

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #3

tjohnsen wrote:
Stalion yes the Otec covers are durable I low sided at 20mph last year the plasctic sliders did their job they broke and got ground up but are replaceable the actual clear lexan is quite thick sealed with o-rings and about 100 screws.
Personaly I anodized mine black before they had the option unfortunatley the heat of the motor is turning them bronze, I do not know what process they are using for their black finish. I may go for more Black Chrome next winter or repaing black. Oh yea 6000 miles and thay havent broke yet or look cloudy.

Tyler,

Do you buy them separately, or in the set of four ?

Also, do you know how much the Black Set costs ?

Mark
  • Marks9222
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 425

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #4

Hi Ty, Little OTEC story at bike week this year it was very cold in the morning at least for Florida hi 30's low 40's and our little breakfast haunt was about a mile up the street so the bikes really don't fully warm up well my Alt case started leaking some oil
I noticed and had a milky cloud on the clutch side what I have gathered that the case actually burped from pressure built up and not warmed up sufficiently went a few miles and the case cleared up and would only burp under those conditions not a drop since
that time guess the O ring is the pressure release valve.
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1739

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #5

Tj They look awesome can you have a link from USA ? Cause I got a link from france and they are crazy expensive
  • StallionM5
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 31

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #6

Ya know Bob I have seen the cloudy milky before it is condensation as soon as the oil is warm and the motor it goes right back to the clear. My alt cover leaked a bit around the giant nut found the problem I cut the o-ring matched up at the hardware store and bought 3 just incase.

All the windows do come out to paint or finish how you like the tolerance is very tight which is why im nervous to have then chromed but thinking last night in my Vmax dreams Atlanta Hydo might have something I likey with the other CF on the bike just might the perfect accent. Looks like someone is geting a call soon!!

Mark you can buy 1-4 or all the Otec parts machined or black bi metal and yes go shopping for them they are a bit pricey and the dollar to Euro conversion realllllllly sucks
  • tjohnsen
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 369
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marks9222

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #7

I've only been running mine for a few months but so far no problems. OTEC are renown for their quality so I do not expect any issues.

• Badger1670
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 230
Growing old disgracefully
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRandiGalves

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #8

That looks great Badger! And the cam covers are the Yamaha parts right?

Mark
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2933
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #9

itgoes wrote:

Mark

Never mind.......I see they are OTEC as well. They look like the ones from Yamaha that I have.
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2933
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"

Re: Are those case covers durable ? 2 years 11 months ago #10

itgoes wrote:
itgoes wrote:

Mark

Never mind.......I see they are OTEC as well. They look like the ones from Yamaha that I have.

Looks like you have answered your own question :)

They are all from OTEC. I bought them as polished then had them painted to match the engine cases.
  • Badger1670
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 230
Growing old disgracefully
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook