Friday April 25 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Disclaimer: Any modification made to your motorcycle can potentially void your factory warranty and conflict with local and federal laws. Any such changes should be performed by an experienced and licensed mechanic.
The descriptions provided in here are for entertainment purposes only. www.starVmax.com does not endorse nor recommend do-it-yourself modifications.
Use your own judgement and check with local authorities (e.g. DMV) to determine if you are allowed and capable to perform such tasks. www.starVmax.com cannot be held responsible for any incidents or injuries as a result of any modifications described here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lowering Blocks

Lowering Blocks 6 years 5 months ago #1

I like the lowered look of the Max but didn't want to spend $200-300 for different shocks. Made a block for the top that lowers the bike by 1" and using the supplied threaded hole with a metric grade 8 bolt. The bottom is just a flat bracket held in place by existing fasteners and also lowers the bike by 1". The front has 1.5 lowering spacers in the forks with upgraded springs.
1in_Top.jpg
Attachments:
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 76
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by mikemax04.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 5 months ago #2

This is the lower bracket. Have to learn how to get two pictures uploaded at the same time. :laugh:
1in_Bot.jpg
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #3

I'm not understanding why you made two brackets, upper and lower, to get the bike lowered. I like the lower bracket setup. The top however looks botched. Constructive criticism intended only. I would like to lower mine a little, so I will try the lower bracket modification myself. Thanks for posting the idea.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Otodamaman. Reason: incorrect spelling

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #4

Is that lower bracket steel, or aluminum? Also I would like to see a little more thread peeking out through that lock nut on the axle. Are you still working on this idea?

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #5

Otodamaman wrote:
Is that lower bracket steel, or aluminum? Also I would like to see a little more thread peeking out through that lock nut on the axle. Are you still working on this idea?

You're looking at prototypes. I keep telling myself to clean my mods up but have a hard time getting there if they work as intended. I don't work toward show quality when practicality suffices for me.

Reason for two brackets is to keep equidistant from the pivot point...makes for better ride and utilizes shock to it's maximum.

Brackets are steel so I could weld on them, but not heavy. You come up with a better idea, I'll copy it. :)
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #6

mikemax04 wrote:
Otodamaman wrote:
You come up with a better idea, I'll copy it. :)

Hrhrhrhr! nice one Mike :)
  • Max Headroom
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Max Headroom.

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #7

The bottom bracket looks complete to me. Chroming or powder coating would make it appear natural. Show quality often equates to impracticality. You obviously don't take critisim very well. You sound like you know what you are talking about to someone that is clueless. However tilting the shock out to lower the ride height does not change the distance between the pivot points, or whatever you're trying to say. You aren't the first to come up with a bracket to lower the ride height. In the 70's they were quite popular. They kicked the bottom of the shock out a 1/2 inch to an inch to lower the bike and they worked quite well, and they did not affect the ride or function of the shock. The top bracket just looks out of symetry and does nothing except satisfy your idea of how things should be. Learn to accept criticism a hole.

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #8

Why are you guys on these forums always a bunch of assholes. Your comment is childish idiot. If that's all you have to contribute why don't you go play with yourself.

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #9

Otodamaman wrote:
Why are you guys on these forums always a bunch of assholes. Your comment is childish idiot. If that's all you have to contribute why don't you go play with yourself.

Pls keep it easy Otodamaman. No need to call anybody names.
You might want to re-read the prior post. Mikemax04 took your critique very well and only added that he would take better ideas if you had some. Even put a smily behind that.

I kindly ask you to refrain from attacking anybody here.

Thx for your cooperation!
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #10

Sorry, I mostly directed my comments to MaxHeadroom for instigating. I'm here for serious suggestions and sharing ideas. I'm sick of the idiots that get on these forums and have nothing to contribute, other than stupidity. You reread the thread and you will see the guy is being smart and finishes his comment with a smart remark, smiley face or not. I stated that I intended only to criticise constructivly. I will refrain from communitcating with these morons. If I happen to stumble upon an intelligent Vmax owner that will be a nice change.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook