Wednesday April 23 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Disclaimer: Any modification made to your motorcycle can potentially void your factory warranty and conflict with local and federal laws. Any such changes should be performed by an experienced and licensed mechanic.
The descriptions provided in here are for entertainment purposes only. www.starVmax.com does not endorse nor recommend do-it-yourself modifications.
Use your own judgement and check with local authorities (e.g. DMV) to determine if you are allowed and capable to perform such tasks. www.starVmax.com cannot be held responsible for any incidents or injuries as a result of any modifications described here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lowering Blocks

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #11

Otodamaman,
I suggest you relax a little and take live a little easier.
Pls refain from calling anybody on this forum names.
Consider this an official warning.
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by fxstein.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #12

Otodamaman wrote:
...If I happen to stumble upon an intelligent Vmax owner that will be a nice change.

I really won't stir the Pot, but ...

Hey thanks, me thinks, nobody else can keep up with your Intelligence and shown Attitude, saying you did not stumble upon a intelligent Vmax owner ....

Owning, riding and loving a Vmax implies the Lack of Intelligence you're searching for. If that wasn't this Way we wouldn't ride a Vmax. We would ride any Inline 4 Crotch Rocket and prolly be like all the other Squids.

So it was nice to meet you here on this Forum ...
  • Squeeze
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 500
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Bad_Max.

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #13

To all concerned. All my mods are only for my personal satisfaction and comfort. They are in no way meant to signify any form of excellence. All the materials used are from stuff lying around that would otherwise be considered junk. My way of recycling the old into useful parts. If any of these mods spark an interest, great, if not, great also. Actually my hope is for those that are capable and interested in like mods, that they themselves might come up with something better. It's all about helping ourselves and being creative. Like forward controls that go for $500 from various distributors, mine cost me zip. I like that feeling.

Peace
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 76

Re:Lowering Blocks 6 years 4 months ago #14

No need to justify your posts.

This forum is about sharing ideas, concepts, protoypes - whatever you can come up with.

Thank you for sharing the lowering idea in the first place!
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."

Re:Lowering Blocks 5 years 9 months ago #15

What does the lower bracket on the other side look like? I'd like to lower my bike too and also don't want to spend $$$ on new springs. I don't see on my bike what to attach a bracket to on the right side.

Re:Lowering Blocks 5 years 9 months ago #16

I've taken some photos of the right side, top and bottom with spring clearance. This is the upper location holding tight with a very hard metric bolt.
Upper_Location.jpg
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max

Re:Lowering Blocks 5 years 9 months ago #17

The bottom bracket is an angle where the front is drilled to go into the original shock location. The back bolts where the clamp holds the axle. The mount is a bolt welded unto the bracket for another 1" drop on the bottom. I used US fasteners and made bushings to fit.
RS_Bracket.jpg
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max

Re:Lowering Blocks 5 years 9 months ago #18

On the right side things get a little tight with the shock spring. I used a flat head,socket head screw and countersunk the aluminum arm. Try not to space the shock out too much to get the clearance because of the strength factor. 1/8" is OK on top. PM me if you need more info.
Countersunk.jpg
  • mikemax04
  • Expert Max

Re:Lowering Blocks 5 years 9 months ago #19

Thanks for the pics. I think this is more than i want to do.

Anyone know what's the best "value" in shorter rear springs?

I got a chance to see my bike cinched down lower on a trailer and ME LIKEY. I'm thinking just 1.5 inches would be fine. Also want to put on drag bar handlebars, but not sure if that'll make the ride too uncomfortable. Any thoughts?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook