Friday April 25 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Air Filter Comparison

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #41

Ok Got that out of the way ordered Jon's filter so when kens get's dirty and I wash it and it has to dry I will put the other in and adjust the maxtuner and be on my way.
  • MAX HPHP
  • Expert Max
  • David Oler
  • Thank you received: 42
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #42

I dunno about max yet (I still have the stock filter,) however I have a high flow filter (along with a list of other mods)on my srt8 dodge. On the dyno, the filter makes such small hp gains, it doesn't matter- sounds damn good though. I thought it was common knowledge that hi-flow air filters show no significant hp gains, but sound cool.:dry:
  • trey
  • Fresh Max

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #43

I really want to see a dyno comparison with the filters installed on factory airboxes. That's the bottom line for me. That way we can see exactly what the torque curves look like and how the filters function in the system that they are designed for. I certainly don't want to take any chances with my cylinder walls for a peak hp number and potential loss of mid range torque.
  • Gap Rider
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 10

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #44

I am with Gap rider on this one...

I ordered the Dragstarr 4/1, the Power Commander V with auto tune, the evoluzione filter... and the UFO filter.

But I am not looking for max HP, just sound, cool gadgets, and I like the look of the 4/1 system... more HP is great by product of course :)

Not sure how this movie ends, but I want to try balance everything out. If shooting for the extreme at one end, you have to pay somewhere else, low end, mid-range?. Unless I am completely wrong, which I accept could be true. I am not a motor head, so this is mostly black magic in my mind. One fact on its own seems indisputable, but with more variables, the facts seem less rigid.

I want a fast bike, but it has to work on the street first. I was a bit upset at first when thinking of the filter tests, but reason has started to set in... the dyno will tell part of the story... but driving around the block tells a lot too.

we shall see... everyday is a surprise. I hope I am not trying the Akrapovic pipes next... that would soon be followed by divorce #2 :(
  • dasoli
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 20

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #45

You know I was enjoying a rainy Friday night watching Barrett-Jackson on Speed, takin' Lortabs and eatin' Ding Dongs.

Then I see this link. I read all the threads, and think..WTF?

And one of the guys says "I'm glad I waited" and I think..WTF?

I think (THINK) Jon and Ken are both honorable men; but business men...out to make money, a living, the American way.

I'm happy there has been no real mud slinging. We as a group don't need that, and I don't think either of the companies involved, wish to injure the other. Just playing "one-up".
Just a little "mine is bigger than yours" type of thing.

Unless shooting breaks out, I see no need for a shoecop at this time!

Now you boys play good, and wash your hands before you reach for one of my dam Ding Dongs!

:winkwink:
  • shoecop
  • Senior Max
shoecop #303

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #46

:lol: Well said & I love ya Harry. It's worth more than I can say when a member tickles me & you do :cheer:
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Bad_Max.

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #47

B_M - Wait until you see/hear Harry's bike in a week or so. He is in the middle of installing the air suspension AND blueta's X-pipe. I got to meet him in person today and look over his bike (still apart for upgrades).

Harry - You and I both need to lay off those ding dongs!

:chips:

:)

Mike
  • m25443
  • Thank you received: 171

Re:Air Filter Comparison 5 years 1 week ago #48

when i install an air filter like a k&n on a vehicle i do it for the fact they can be cleaned and reused not always for the perfomance. now when you install a exhaust and programmer you need a filter to flow more air for best performance. i will be installing a x pipe and pcv so the stock filter ain't going the cut it. i myself look for the best performance when i do these upgrades the sound is not enough for me.i understand Ken has alot of r&d into his products and his parts are first class as with all the vendors here but i wanted a filter i know and used for 20+ years on the street in all my cars,trucks,and bikes and not once did i have any doubt they did not filter dirt properly or have a engine problem due to that. i have a air intake set up on my powerstroke diesel and it gets pretty dirty after 10,000 miles so i know its working. i think when you want to produce a good product you can sometimes over think them to the point they work to well you have to find the happy medium. i have no hard feelings with Ken or anyone about the filter k&n has always been my preference. i look forward to seeing the dyno results of all the filters tested to clear the air.
Chris
  • vmax1125
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 4
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook