Wednesday April 23 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.2.09 -Texas Motorplex Ennis, Test & Tune Night

Re:10.2.09 -Texas Motorplex Ennis, Test & Tune Nig 4 years 6 months ago #31

lucky14 wrote:
Another VMAX vid:

Thanks again..This is one of my 1st runs..Because of my jacket, had to switch out with my buddy so it wouldn't ballon up @ speed..
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1767
I'm right here..REALLY!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:10.2.09 -Texas Motorplex Ennis, Test & Tune Nig 4 years 6 months ago #32

Qtip wrote:
Wheelie wrote:
Qtip wrote:
lucky14 wrote:
Qtip wrote:

I didn't post this video but i did see another guy @ the track with video..I'm glad he posted it up!! :punk: I'm now on youtube.. :bigsmile:So, thank u brother.. And after seeing it it did sound like i shifted a little early 2nd to 3rd..Was trying to keep it in that 8500rpm's to stay in the power range..

@ the 1st part of the video i moved out of the box so he was telling me what i did wrong.. :nononono: 1st time to the strip.. :smash: It was fun..And i got a good base line # for the next time i go with some Mods..Thanks guys..

You're welcome!
I have several other runs, but this was your quickest.
Let me know if you want to see the others.

You can put up all my runs if you want!! No you should put that ZX14 that was running close to 8's..That bike was running good..

Thanks again.. :bow:
Q-Tip, im the old man on the ZX-14, I wanted 8.90's that night but my clutch started fading, started out with a 9.06 and went to 9.16. it had 900 drag strip miles on it, after the times started to slow I loaded it up, I watched a few of your runs, a few more trips to the drag strip with some coaching and I see you running some 10.0's, come out to Dallas Raceway Sunday, test and tune, weather should be great for racing.btw, I use to race a 85 V-Max back in 1985.

wee

Welcome to the site Wee..And some 10.0's would be nice, but i just don't think i can get there with a stock setup. But you never know.. :woohoo:

Your ZX14 was sh*t and gettin down the track..And what is Dallas Raceway? 1/4 mile track? I may just have to stop by for a bit..

Got to love the old Gen 1 '85 max..Do you still have it?
85 was sold long ago, I had lots of bets with my buddies I could run 10.99, 220lbs then, I told myself if it doesnt run a 10.99 I will sell it, raced at Green Valley back then, well it ran 11.00, I lost all the bets and sold the Max.

Dallas Raceway is our newest 1/4 mile, "The Concrete Palace", come on out, stop by my pit and say hi! The track is awesome.

Can you strap the forks on the GenII? Leave at more rpm, shift at redline every gear, change your body position on take off, and you might surprise yourself.

wee
  • Wheelie
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 26

Re:10.2.09 -Texas Motorplex Ennis, Test & Tune Nig 4 years 6 months ago #33

looks like a nice new track..Went to their sit and the next test and tune night is Friday the 16th..10.16.09...I'll see if some the guys from the forum want to go this time..Any one want to go with me and put down some times?? B)

Don't know if we can strap down the forks..I can work on other thing as you said would help..
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1767
I'm right here..REALLY!!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Qtip.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook