Went out for Jake today too....
Mike D

Bancroft Tower
Worcester, Ma.

Awesome picture!!
  • fastmax1
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 27
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #62

skullmax wrote:
Went out for Jake today too....
Mike D

Bancroft Tower
Worcester, Ma.

Mike, wonderful picture, what a beautiful historic Tower. That Max and that gate look like they're glued together into one monument.
  • vmaxbabe
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1434
Vmax 2009: give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #63

Hi All, The cruise yesterday was awesome. I shared the replies to this post with the people that were there and they were blown away. And that most definitely includes me. I have said it various times in this thread and I will say it again... Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kind words and participation in my gift to Jake was so much more than I ever could have hoped for. I get all choked up every single time I go through this thread. I will post up pictures within a few days. Im waiting for a bunch of pictures from the bunch of cameras that were there. On a very different note... there were 2 separate people that went down on the way to our get together. I have never met either of them. But did meet two of the people that were riding with them. Thank goodness both people are fine. One bike was ridable still but the other bike had to be loaded up on a truck to go home. But both riders have my gratitude for making the run anyways. You ALL have my gratitude. You are a bunch of VERY VERY special people. People that Im proud to call my friends.
Steve Pearly
SDPEARLY
  • SDPEARLY
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 10

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #64

How terrible, these people crashed. Thankfully they are okay. But it's always a lot of hassle with insurance, etc.

I'm very glad you and your family can remember this day fondly. And yes, so many people here responded. Amazing!
  • vmaxbabe
  • Platinum Max

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #65

I figured I would post some of the pictures while I was waiting for the rest to come in. The weather was absolutely perfect. One of Jakes friends, Jaques (Capt. Morgan pose in the pictures) Made a new cross for the memorial site. He welded 2 Chevy high performance cam shafts out of Corvette engines together end to end. Then he welded 2 connecting rods with pistons and wrist pins together to form the horizontal part of the cross. He made a plaque that was suspended by lengths of chain welded to the conn rods. He brought an engraver and a inverter to run it with and everyone got to engrave their names and a message to Jake on the cross. It was awesome. I will post more soon. Thanks.
SDPEARLY

smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/SDPEARLY...20Memorial%20Cruise/
  • SDPEARLY
  • Gold Max

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #66

Thanks for the pictures. Awesome cross Jaques made for his friend, completely in the spirit of all your passions, and so personal with all your names on it. Must've been an impressive ceremony!
  • vmaxbabe
  • Platinum Max

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #67

Yes, very nice cross and a nice group of people you had there!!
  • fastmax1
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 27

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #68

SD,

I posted a little earlier to the "favorite ride" thread regarding my current California MC trip. At the start of every ride (for three years now) I give a left handed (right hand on the throttle)double chest pump and point a finger to the sky. I do this in honor of my good buddy and riding partner who for some strange reason chose to end his own life. I found myself yesterday and today adding JP to my thoughts while doing so. I will be on the road testing MrMax to it's limits for a couple of more day's and will continue to honor your son's memory while I do the same for my good friend. I miss my bud everyday and especially when I get on my bikes. I feel strongly for you and I will pump it up for you as well at the start of my ride tomorrow. San Fransisco here I come.

Fitzy
  • MrMax
  • Junior Max

Re:I Have A Favor To Ask 5 years 1 month ago #69

Im honored Fitzy. Thank you so much. And Im very sorry for your loss of your good friend.
Fast, Thank you. They are a great group of people. I wouldnt have made it through this with out them. But, As I have discovered during this 2nd annual run is that there are some pretty amazing people out there (In here starvmax.com to be exact) who give of their hearts so completely and open. The kindness and warm words are very very touching. And believe it or not I can feel the good vibes when I read through all these awesome posts.
Vmaxbabe, Yes EVERYONE loved the cross and getting to sign their names and messages on it was very special. As far as it being a "impressive Ceremony" I wouldnt really call it that. Because this whole thing (memorial cruise concept) was something I put together as I went. I knew I wanted to do something at the 1st year anniversary and every year. But I had no idea what we could do. I didnt think a party was appropriate. So I came up with a cruise in Jakes honor. Anyways, Im just winging it (no official plans to follow) Last year was different than this year. Last year at the cruise was the first time we had seen each other since the funeral basically. So that general mood or tone kinda carried out through the cruise. Very somber. This year was a lot better. We all were in better spirits and we celebrated his life more than mourned his passing. And when they heard and read with their own eyes all the posts you guys made in this thread they were totally blown away. Thank you all again for the best gift anyone ever received.
SDPEARLY
  • SDPEARLY
  • Gold Max
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook