Thursday April 17 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Standing in the Gap

Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #1

First off, I feel a little uneasy on how to write this due to it's importance. I'm usually goofing around most of the time. But here it goes:

I received an e-mail recently from a friend of one of my friends. I'm not sure if I can classify myself as anyone's friend because I have usually run solo in most endeavors. But I learned a lesson lately (later on that).

The e-mail said about a benefit ride for my friend, I had just seen him a couple months ago and he seemed fine then. I was relieved to find out he was still alive (I knew he just had a transplant).

Over the last year my focus was on the new Max and of course "modding it". I had my list ready even before the bike showed up...I wanted to go all out and maybe make a few friends along the way. Life things came up and I made a decision to stand in the gap for my very special friend and forget all about the new Max. It would require a full commitment with no income source during the timeframe. That special friend was my wife. Her friends provided meals and it was a real blesssing. After it was over I realized how important it was to be there for her. I thought I only did little things but they meant the world to her.

Today the new Max has a few minor mods and you folks did an excellent job finding all my "top secret ideas". At least I know what it will look like now!

Back to my friend Chris Laubach! The e-mail said to invite my friends. Well I need help, it's too important for me just to put out a small effort. Chris is a Motorcycle Safety Site Manager in PA and has gave unselfishly to help others ride safer. Chris's friend needs others to help give Chris back his life with his family. I call it "Standing in the Gap". I've seen the Deals Gap pictures and I'm sure many of us wished we could have been there too. I know what it meant to my wife when I supported her.

If you feel lead and want to help, you can! This is not about me, it's about one friend helping out another or making new friends(which I need to work on).

I'll attach the benefit ride information (which also has a link to the newspaper story). The benefit ride is during Thunder in the Valley but 140 miles east.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to help or can go on the ride.

Thanks as always,
Ken

File Attachment:

File Name: Chris_Laubach_Benefit_Ride.pdf
File Size: 44374
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 312
2009 Vmax - The Money Pig
2002 Vmax - Mr. Max
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by 890209.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #2

Thanks Ken for posting this touching story. Hopefully your friends friend will receive the much needed help.. You've done your part on publicising this info. Some of us will respond (I'm sure) and help this struggling family. There is no virtue greater than charity, and love for your fellow man. Our prayers & thoughts go out to Chris & his family...

dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1861150898/Coup...-to-pay-for-medicine

Donations may be sent to the Northumberland National Bank, 235 Front St., Northumberland, PA 17857, or to any of the bank’s branches. Make checks payable to the Laubach Transplant Fund. Contributions are tax deductible.
chris-20100503.jpg

Good luck on the benefit ride!
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Bad_Max.

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #3

Thanks a lot for posting the info. Hope they would take Paypal as well...
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #4

Truly grateful for your support!

I'll speak with the organizer about PayPal.

Thanks again!

Ken
  • Gold Max
2002 Vmax - Mr. Max

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #5

More info... Hopefully a paypal account will be set up soon, and more may be able to help.

dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1369563878/Help...-reach-out-to-family
  • Bad_Max
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Bad_Max.

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #6

Bad_Max wrote:
More info... Hopefully a paypal account will be set up soon, and more may be able to help.

dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1369563878/Help...-reach-out-to-family

Ken is working with the organizer to setup a Paypal account. He will post details shortly.
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #7

I just communicated with the organizer (Bob Hammaker) and we are now officially good to go with the PayPal account!

I have tested it and received conformation it is working properly.

The PayPal address is the same as what is listed on the Chris Laubach Benefit Ride flyer and is as follows: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

When you go to PayPal and go to send money, please go to the following:

Personal

"This money is being sent as a:" click the "Gift" bubble!

Also under "Message": I put "Chris Laubach Benefit Ride Donation from StarVmax member". This way Mr. Hammaker can keep a running total.

You could also put under "Message": "Chris Laubach Benefit Ride Donation from StarVmax site". Either way a running total can be kept.

I have asked Mr. Hammaker to keep a running total but not to state what any one individual gives to keep individual donations anonymous.
I have found Mr. Hammaker to be very professional in my communications with him.

I hope I have covered everything, if not please feel free to chime in!

You can also feel free to PM me as well...I do have a busy schedule but will get back with you as soon as possible.

Thanks once again!
Ken
  • Gold Max
2002 Vmax - Mr. Max
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by 890209.

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #8

Thanks for the info.. money sent! :)
  • Bad_Max

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #9

Bump.
  • Bad_Max

Re:Standing in the Gap 3 years 11 months ago #10

Thank you Bad_Max for bumping this back up!

Over 400 posts for me and I've noticed I have mostly rambled in the past but have helped a person or two along the way. What I have gained though was a common friendship through the common interest in the new Max. For me the Max has really become more distant due to time available and this site has become more of why to own this bike.

I've joked a lot, posted a few pictures here and there, supported a few mods and many of you have become distant friends that I may never meet.

Someone was kind enough to place a yellow banner and red thumbtack on this post. Don't know who it was but apparently the story about Chris must have been worthwhile enough to do so.

The feedback has been small and you know that's okay because who knows Chris? I totally understand! But this story touched me not as much about Chris as it was about the unknown 8 year old. I use to run with a volunteer ambulance company, I've seen a lot and for adults I could always accept the situation at hand but seeing kids dealing with an unfortunate situation was not easy ever! I guess what I'm seeing is Chris fighting to hang unto what was given to him!

If I'm still rambling on, I'm sorry! If I'm not please join me in rallying behind Chris by just posting up and encouraging a fellow rider. I don't know what Chris rides...in this case it doesn't matter to me. All I know is I got a e-mail asking me to tell my friends about Chris through the newspaper article. I consider you folks my friends and it would be cool if Chris finds out he's got a few Vmax friends too! (He doesn't know about this site yet)

OH Yeah.. Bad_Max, thanks for being first again, seems to come natural for you! :laugh:

Thanks,
Ken
  • Gold Max
2002 Vmax - Mr. Max
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook