Friday April 18 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending

Re: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending 2 years 11 months ago #21

Hypermax wrote:
So, the bigger the better? Can you name a Honda that you would really like to have?

Yup... still one of the most beautiful bike's IMO

• G3M1N1
  • Expert Max
  • Carpe Diem
  • Thank you received: 272
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRandiGalves

Re: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending 2 years 11 months ago #22

I finally saw an all black Diavel today at the Mercedes Benz dealer - don't ask, a 2002 S55 AMG just gets more expensive as time goes bye.
In my opinion, it's a good looking bike, especially at the rear quarters; sure there are those that despise the headlight, but then again, many also dislike the headlight on the beast as well :)
  • Jack_Mitchell
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 107

Re: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending 2 years 11 months ago #23

geez ... the diavel really has got under the skin of some members here lol ! for what its worth , the Multi has experienced this problem for close to 12 months since its first release and they were replacing dodgy electrics as and when it happened. clearly Ducati have decided to issue a recall notice to all "remaining" Multi's out there to fix once and for all. What i am surprised about is the Diavel recall. Its pretty stupid to launch the Diavelwith the Multi electronic package without making sure it works. some one needs their arse kicked.

on another note just about to reach 20,000k on the Multi . it remains the best bike that i have ever ridden / owned - it just does everything so well. About to fit the termi and pvc which gives it 150rwp ..... who knows , maybe i can take on a max once we are both at 150mph :laughing:
  • iluvmyDuc
  • Fresh Max
  • Thank you received: 8

Re: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending 2 years 11 months ago #24

G3M1N1 wrote:
Hypermax wrote:
So, the bigger the better? Can you name a Honda that you would really like to have?

Yup... still one of the most beautiful bike's IMO

I should have been more specific. How about a Honda that is in currently in production? A bike that you would really consider shelling out hard earned cash for, not just a wish list bike.
  • Hypermax
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 22
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Hypermax.

Re: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending 2 years 11 months ago #25

iluvmyDuc wrote:
geez ... the diavel really has got under the skin of some members here lol ! for what its worth , the Multi has experienced this problem for close to 12 months since its first release and they were replacing dodgy electrics as and when it happened. clearly Ducati have decided to issue a recall notice to all "remaining" Multi's out there to fix once and for all. What i am surprised about is the Diavel recall. Its pretty stupid to launch the Diavelwith the Multi electronic package without making sure it works. some one needs their arse kicked.

on another note just about to reach 20,000k on the Multi . it remains the best bike that i have ever ridden / owned - it just does everything so well. About to fit the termi and pvc which gives it 150rwp ..... who knows , maybe i can take on a max once we are both at 150mph :laughing:
Not so much.. :pierced: I'll already be doning around 160+ by the time you hit 150 and you would never catch up.. :hi: cya
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1767
I'm right here..REALLY!!

Re: Ducati Diavel, Multistrada recall pending 2 years 10 months ago #26

When I was visiting in Oklahoma City last week, I went to a Ducati dealer to see a Diavel "in the flesh". I must say that I liked it a lot, especially the red with the aluminum air scoops. I like the lighter weight and the general look of the bike. The one thing that I wish Ducati could have done better is to expose more of the engine. Even though it is a naked bike, you can hardly see the engine. The heavily exposed engine is one of the main attractions of the VMAX. I also prefer a traditional round analog tachometer like the VMAX has instead of the LED tachometer that the Diavel uses.

Unfortunately, the closest Ducati dealer from where I live is a 2 hour drive, so that would stop me from buying one. I am also unsure about the reliability of Ducatis. I also don't like the expensive and relativley frequent service intervals.

So, I certainly like the look, concept, and performance of the Diavel but it is certainly not enough to give up my VMAX for. If I had some confidence in their reliability, I would consider owning one as a second bike.
  • MRMILSTAR
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 86
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook