Sunday April 20 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shinko 011 Front & back tires

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #31

Qtip wrote:
I got on it HARD this morning and did feel it give a lil' and it was 40+degs. out to.. ON the cold side, but over all better grip then anything else and the handling of this set is a dream to behold...

You guys have to try this set out..U will NOT be unhappy with it..u will tell yourself, why didn't i do this earlier.. :S

Should listen to Q :)

i know one thing,the stock tires suck,today was my first extended ride since i did the mods. i cannot get any traction in the first three gears during hard excelleration especially on black asphalt,i'll have to get some launch tips from ya ted when we go ride,this thing is a beast!
  • greenslime
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 321
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qtip

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #32

i know one thing,the stock tires suck,today was my first extended ride since i did the mods. i cannot get any traction in the first three gears during hard excelleration especially on black asphalt,i'll have to get some launch tips from ya ted when we go ride,this thing is a beast!

That's for sure. As soon as you lose the cat, and get that bump in power, the stock tires are no longer up to the task.

That's what made me move to the wide wheel when the Conti Race Attack came out.....didn't really want the wide wheel but needed the traction.

I'm hoping these Shinkos Ted is running are gonna work out. Keep the reports coming Ted! :catch:
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2936
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by itgoes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qtip, greenslime

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #33

:focus:
Come to the darkside Mark.. You will not regret it.. :money:
itgoes wrote:

That's for sure. As soon as you lose the cat, and get that bump in power, the stock tires are no longer up to the task.

That's what made me move to the wide wheel when the Conti Race Attack came out.....didn't really want the wide wheel but needed the traction.

I'm hoping these Shinkos Ted is running are gonna work out. Keep the reports coming Ted! :catch:
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1767
I'm right here..REALLY!!
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Qtip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greenslime

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #34

Now that i've be puttin' some miles on this set of tires..I would have to say i LUV them and hands down the best set of tires i have had on my BEAST in all the 49000miles i have.. I've had more back tires then i would like to say.. SHINKO is the best in my book..BUT, this is me by the way..You may not like them @ ALL..

ONe thing, it inspires so much confidents that I’m killin’ my foot pegs now more than ever.. these Tire just give you that much to take a corner and hold your line and not worry about the bike feeling sloppy or iffy @ all..Luv them and will run this tire for a loooong time to come..
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
I'm right here..REALLY!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VMaxChuck, docrok, Forgottenone1227

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #35

sounds great, but I'm using the 003 and worried about traction. How is the 011 compared to the 003?
I sure the look and handling is better with the 011 but I don't want to grip of the 003.

thanks,
vegas tom
  • vrodtom
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 94
The following user(s) said Thank You: itgoes

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #36

put it this way, 2nd gear high rev the front end wants to come up on yea when ya hit it...
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
I'm right here..REALLY!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forgottenone1227

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #37

When you start to get an idea on wear characteristics please let us know.
I have i feeling if it grips up that well it wont last as long as the OEM tyres, still I realise we cant have everything.
I just wish someone did a dual compound tyre for the VMAX, the pilot road 2's (dual compound) on my busa were fantastic, lasted well and great grip
  • dddd
  • Junior Max
  • Thank you received: 25
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by dddd.

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #38

dddd wrote:
When you start to get an idea on wear characteristics please let us know.
I have i feeling if it grips up that well it wont last as long as the OEM tyres, still I realise we cant have everything.
I just wish someone did a dual compound tyre for the VMAX, the pilot road 2's (dual compound) on my busa were fantastic, lasted well and great grip

The stock tires are multi compound. You will sacrifice straight ahead traction a bit with any dual compound tire. The VMax will expose that weakness more than a Busa because it's power hits harder much earlier.
I think the stock tire will wear as good as anything out there....this bike is a tire eater. :chips:
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
Mark B

Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by itgoes.

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #39

vrodtom wrote:
sounds great, but I'm using the 003 and worried about traction. How is the 011 compared to the 003?
I sure the look and handling is better with the 011 but I don't want to grip of the 003.

thanks,
vegas tom

The 003 is very sticky when warm Tom.......I don't think that the 011 will be as good.
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
Mark B

Re: Shinko 011 Front & back tires 2 years 1 month ago #40

Qtip wrote:
Now that i've be puttin' some miles on this set of tires..I would have to say i LUV them and hands down the best set of tires i have had on my BEAST in all the 49000miles i have.. I've had more back tires then i would like to say.. SHINKO is the best in my book..BUT, this is me by the way..You may not like them @ ALL..

ONe thing, it inspires so much confidents that I’m killin’ my foot pegs now more than ever.. these Tire just give you that much to take a corner and hold your line and not worry about the bike feeling sloppy or iffy @ all..Luv them and will run this tire for a loooong time to come..

That's good news Q, I'm pretty sure they're what I'm going with next.
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
Mark B

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook