Friday April 18 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT

ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #1

Hey All ! Since K&N doesn't make a filter for GEN2's, Is this ACCEL UFO worth investing in ? Will It improve performance ? I guess what I'm Asking IS-- Is it worth the $60.00 Or should I just stick with the factory air filter ? Any Input Appreciated, Thanks, Marks9222 :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
  • Marks9222
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 425
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #2

I think it is worth it, mine works just fine

Re:ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #3

There is also the Evoluzione filter. Despite the claims from UFO I have seen dyno sheets from both filters on the same bike and they are virtually identical.

Also Evoluzione is a site sponsor.
  • Badger1670
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 230
Growing old disgracefully
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Badger1670. Reason: correction

Re:ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #4

I have the same filter but put about 300 miles on it before I went to a UFO filter, which I put about 500 miles on before I went to the 4 individual K&N filters. I will sell either or both filters the Evoluzione and the UFO for $45 each and provide free shipping.

rick
  • Rick52
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 308

Re: ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #5

The filter change along with the airbox mod will get you about a 4 HP....a very inexpensive performance gain.

Mark
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2934
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"

Re: ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #6

can it be done with out having a power commander or fuelmanager.
still stock.
Thanks Patrick
  • zoommi
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 11

Re: ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #7

You might find this interesting: (The first part about the stock airbox)

www.starvmax.com/blog/from-the-dyno-room...ter-comparisons.html

There is not Power Commander needed to make the change and pickup these 4 hps over the stock setup.
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."

Re:ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #8

I prefer the Evolutione Filter, because it works at least just as good as the UFO K&N and it's OIL free, no messing, no overspray nothing, zip, nada ....
  • Squeeze
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 497

Re:ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #9

I have the Kool-Blue filter and left the top of the air box off and noticed right off the bat that it was alot better, but my stock filter was very nasty when i changed it out..I would have to say YEs it is worth the $60 spent on it..
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1767
I'm right here..REALLY!!

Re:ACCEL UFO MAXAIR FILTER INPUT 4 years 3 months ago #10

i've avoided posting negative information on competitors products but ufo seems to keep pushing their filter with misleading information (including trying to sell an off-brand filter as a k&n).

several months ago we purchased the ufo/cool blue filter and then sent it to a lab for formal testing (unlike the "ping pong ball" tester). we found that the ufo/cool blue filter did flow very well but at a price - filtering was way below standards.

basically there is a standardized test using a very fine talcum-type powder that is carefully weighed before and after the test. during the test the powder is sucked through the machine while passing into the filter chamber. the powder that isn't stopped by the filter is then collected and reweighed. using these numbers you can calculate the filtering efficiency. in the ufo filter test, the starting amount of powder was 19.01 grams - 15.45 grams were collected in the filter and 3.56 grams were allowed to pass through for a filtering efficiency of 81.27%!

as a referencce, most stock paper filters end up in the 99.7%-99.9% efficiency range. our filter measures out around 99.8%. if you are running your bike where there is no dust or you are not concerned about dust getting into your engine (such as a track only bike that gets rebuilt often) then the ufo filter is a good option. but, if you are wanting to protect your engine from damaging dust & dirt while adding horsepower then i would suggest our (evoluzione cyclesports) filter.

oh, and here is a photo of the ufo filter being tested in a "real" test machine:

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook