Monday April 21 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New starVmax logo selection

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #101

Mike,

Very good points. It has been a year in the making and I still have not come up with something better than what it is today yet simple and bold as you describe it.

fxstein
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #102

fxstein,

The only real issue I see with your original starvmax.com logo is that it is not "square." In fact, it is so horizontal that even the business cards seem kind of funky. Otherwise, it's pretty darn good. Maybe some "3D" or other effect.

Mike
  • m25443
  • Thank you received: 171

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #103

vmax.mike wrote:
Backgrounds changed to blue as suggested. Not sure what color is Yamaha Blue. If someone knows the Pantone code for Yam Blu, I can change it.

Thanks for suggestion Bad_Max.

This is the best one.It looks like the the bike is going to bust out and run you over,or blow you away with those bad a#$ intakes.

THANKS
ROBERT
  • deadrock69
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 9

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #104

Mike, Can you do image-5 in your profile with white or transparent background?

I like the lettering but need a logo that can go against white background.
  • fxstein

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #105

fxstein,
Here are several images as best I interpreted your suggestions, with the following exceptions. I have not done the mirror reflection - I'm experimenting with several reflection special effects in CorelDraw. Also I did not enlarge the bike to fill the entire frame (lots of cropping and scaling needed which compromises the bike's impact). I'll show you these first; if you still want the bike full-frame, I can easily do that. I wasn't sure what combinations of blue you wanted, so I tried several. Tell me what aspects you like and dislike. Same for anyone else wishing to comment.

Mike: Much like you suggested, I'm also working on a very clean and simple design with only the stand-alone letters "starVmax" -- trying various special effects with 3D, shadows, and subtle reflections. As you know, the perfect combination of simplicity, balance, and uniqueness, while still maintaining general appeal to most Maxers -- is a formidable challenge.

Image-1

Image-2

Image-3

Image-4

Image-5

Suggestions welcome.

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #106

Is it possible to get the big one on white background?
  • fxstein

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #107

fxstein,
Since image-5 bike was white against blue background, the blue lines on bike were actually the blue background shining thru; if I added a white back to 5, the bike would have disappeared. But I knew what you meant, I think. I had to put a white layer behind image-1 to get black line drawing of bike against white back.

See image-6 here. Do u need mcy lines more subtle, less opacity? Or do want some color on the bike? Later we can go either white or transparent background, ur call.

Image-6
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by fxstein.

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #108

This is starting to look very nice. I would probably play a little with the font effects.
  • fxstein

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #109

Which I'm in the proces of doing now. But it's 3:30am here. Must hit the sack for tonight.

Can't figure why some images present large and others small. The sizes are relatively the same. I'm pumping image-6 file up a bit to see if that makes a diff.

It didn't. You'll have to go to my profile gallery to see the full size on image6.

Re:New starVmax logo selection 5 years 4 months ago #110

vmax.mike wrote:
Which I'm in the proces of doing now. But it's 3:30am here. Must hit the sack for tonight.

Can't figure why some images present large and others small. The sizes are relatively the same. I'm pumping image-6 file up a bit to see if that makes a diff.

It didn't. You'll have to go to my profile gallery to see the full size on image6.

Go get some rest. You help is VERY much appriciated!

I made the pic bigger. Its the size parameter inside the img tag that limits the size. If you remove the size=150 it will make them bigger - up to the width of the text area.
  • fxstein
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook