Friday April 18 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe)

Re: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe) 2 years 2 months ago #11

I thought the V&h cs1 was fairly easy with some help and a extended allen wrench to reach the back header clamps. The fitment is fine I guess if you don't mind the Spring type connections. also, you'll need to perform the AIS mod which is on here somewhere. very easy. just removing some plumbing under the left scoop. I'm told you don't need a Fuel management system as long as you don't modify the air box. otherwise you'll need a Power commander or a reflash of your ecu.
No matter what exhuast you go with, you'll have the same fun removing the old system with the clamp bolts on the rear header hard to reach. We just cut the "L' off of an allenwrench and taped it to a socket worked great! Directions were fine too!!
I love the look and sound of my V&H. I'm going to address the fitment this spring. It's just not as tight as you would think it should be.
Best bang for the buck too...

If you want different cans, just go with the dale walker midpipe as mentioned.

No matter what you get, we're all here to help you through it. Take pictures of your issues and we'll be glad to assist you!!

If we're not out riding our Vmax's then we are all on here googling over each others Vmaxes..

Go with what you can afford. I hate seeing all these guys buy all of the best stuff and then seem to have to sell the bike due to money issues!!! WTF...

Have fun with your upgrade and make your kids help you put it on. (that way you can blame them when YOu mess up)haha

Mike d
  • skullmax
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1265
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remaxed, yox185

Re: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe) 2 years 2 months ago #12

Very good, I am up for new exhaust. I will order this week and by long weekend it will reach me. This can be performed on rear stand only right? What kind of torque wrench I need? I saw one at home depot for $80. I believe it was upto 100 lbs scale. About AIS need some more light. How much reflash go for?
  • Kilaraipuria
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 68

Re: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe) 2 years 2 months ago #13

You have a PM.
  • The Flying W
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 397
You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Re: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe) 2 years 2 months ago #14

Kilaraipuria wrote:
I have seen couple of threads about different exhaust systems. These threads are very informative but confused the hell out of me. So many combinations and choices. AND Expensive.
I want the sound of Low Deep Rumble (like Lion's Roar which can shake the things but not high pitch). Please suggest me a complete system with minimum price. How to do it myself with minimum or no instructions? Difficulty and time consumed to perform the job from scale 1-10.

Thank you in advance for your time my fellow VMAXERS. :thumbsup:

There is a terrific system for sale right here: www.starvmax.com/forum/45-vmax-items-for...-pipe-exhaust-system

It makes the most power of any rear-back system out there, looks and sounds great....and you can pick it up right in NY!
  • itgoes
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2935
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"

Re: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe) 2 years 2 months ago #15

$80 is a lot for a tool if you only use it once or twice. Find a friend with a torque wrench, or head down to Autozone and ask to borrow one. They do that around here. Not sure about where you live.

The hard part of installing the exhaust is access to the allen head bolts (need really long ones or an allen head tip that fits into a socket wrench), and getting the new pipes lined up with the gaskets when installing the new pipes. Time consuming (took me numerous tries to get the gaskets from being mis-aligned) but persistence and patience and they will eventually slip right in.

:puhh:

All work can be done on teh kickstand, but a rear wheel stand would help.

Mike.
  • m25443
  • Thank you received: 171

Re: Need Complete Exhaust System (with X or Mid pipe) 2 years 2 months ago #16

itgoes wrote:
Kilaraipuria wrote:
I have seen couple of threads about different exhaust systems. These threads are very informative but confused the hell out of me. So many combinations and choices. AND Expensive.
I want the sound of Low Deep Rumble (like Lion's Roar which can shake the things but not high pitch). Please suggest me a complete system with minimum price. How to do it myself with minimum or no instructions? Difficulty and time consumed to perform the job from scale 1-10.

Thank you in advance for your time my fellow VMAXERS. :thumbsup:

There is a terrific system for sale right here: www.starvmax.com/forum/45-vmax-items-for...-pipe-exhaust-system

It makes the most power of any rear-back system out there, looks and sounds great....and you can pick it up right in NY!

Ya what he said.

If I was you I would buy it right away.

Great price and in mint condition.
  • Mrmaxx
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 182
Brocks 4-1 with short Mega
PC5
Big Air
PC power shifter
Double D clutch
Yamaha race computer
NASH FLASH
Conti 240 Wide wheel
"X" VMOA #22
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook