Sunday April 20 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Want to win this UNIQUE item? <a href=http://www.starvmax.com/News/starVmax-News/Time-to-Ride-This-is-VMAX.html>Time to Ride - This is VMAX!</a><br>
Tell us YOUR story and make the world read and comment on it! Check out the rules for this once in a live time contest and take home the ultimate complement to your new 2009 VMAX. Good luck to all of you!

TOPIC: Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank?

Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank? 5 years 7 months ago #1

Has anyone heard of an aftermarket exhaust company looking to develop an exhaust for the new VMAX? Also, what kind of mileage range (on average) can we expect on a 4 gallon gas tank? That is my only concern about this bike. I'm used to a five gallon tank on a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 that gives me well above a 200 mile cruising range. Any input from current max owners would be appreciated. Thanks!

vmaxinkc
  • vmaxinkc
  • Expert Max
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by vmaxinkc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank? 5 years 7 months ago #2

Get ready to change your fill up habit. The Vmax will be lucky to get you 160 miles down the road. Mine got me 100, and that's about it. I got used to filling it up regularly! B)
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!

Re:Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank? 5 years 7 months ago #3

agreed, my 2003 max used to give me 100miles prior to the fuel light going on with maybe another twenty miles after that.

I believe that the new vmax has moved on +20 years in technology, fuel injection is much more efficient and the engine is advanced beyond recognition. Only a few road test's will tell the real story.

Don't worry about exhausts, every man and his dog will be falling over backwards to improve performance and reduce weight.

bring it on!!:woohoo:

Re:Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank? 5 years 7 months ago #4

Oh yeah, vendors are working on it. One I know is already designing an exhaust system. Another is already working on boring it out and turbo. Crazy.

Mark
  • maleko89
  • Senior Max

Re:Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank? 5 years 7 months ago #5

maleko89 wrote:
Oh yeah, vendors are working on it. One I know is already designing an exhaust system. Another is already working on boring it out and turbo. Crazy.

Mark
:evil: can you imagine a turbo max.. Just a pipe and a tune for me, but i can harley wait to read about that monster.
  • badVmax
  • Senior Max

Re:Aftermarket Exhaust & Small Gas Tank? 5 years 7 months ago #6

vmaxinkc wrote:
Has anyone heard of an aftermarket exhaust company looking to develop an exhaust for the new VMAX? Also, what kind of mileage range (on average) can we expect on a 4 gallon gas tank? That is my only concern about this bike. I'm used to a five gallon tank on a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 that gives me well above a 200 mile cruising range. Any input from current max owners would be appreciated. Thanks!

vmaxinkc

Hmmm... Interesting strategy to get replies.... B) :laugh:

Good luck with the contest!
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook