Sunday April 20 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Want to win this UNIQUE item? <a href=http://www.starvmax.com/News/starVmax-News/Time-to-Ride-This-is-VMAX.html>Time to Ride - This is VMAX!</a><br>
Tell us YOUR story and make the world read and comment on it! Check out the rules for this once in a live time contest and take home the ultimate complement to your new 2009 VMAX. Good luck to all of you!

TOPIC: vmx1200 necessity

vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #1

On the morning of Sept 9 2004 I went out to the driveway and jumped on my 02 max and went off to work. For those of you that dont know that generally means a cool wet ride here in Seattle. I got to work parked in the protected area of our yard and set my alarm then climbed into the Pete that I drove every day.
I drove a 6 axle lowboy on my regular days and up to 12 on the fun days. This day happen to be my last. After running equipment around most of the day I called in after dropping my 3rd excavator and was told to head in to the yard and call it a day. I started on my way back to the yard and the weather had turn surprisingly nice. I was traveling on a two lane highway and thinking of the nice ride I would have on my way home as I approach a left hand bend in the highway.
Up ahead I noticed a pickup that was in the on coming lane. As we as motorcyclists must pay attention to everything. He didn't seem out of the ordinary until I was in the start of the bend in the road. As I watched the pickup go across the center line and drive head on into the semi I was driving.

This all might seem off topic but it will relate I promise..........
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #2

After the impact I seemed to be uninjured. I climbed out of my truck went over to the other vehicle. I spent approx 20 mins with a US soldier that was in the pickup. All I could do is watch as he drowned in his own fluids. I was unable to even get myself to talk to him, nor could I free him from the truck he was in. It was an experience I would never wish upon anyone.
I slipped into a major depression and was classified as disabled due to ptsd. I was angry with god, and myself for not being able to do something.I will never have the life of another person taken by the size of a vehicle Im driving. The only thing I drove (rode) for the next year and a half was my Max.
Soon I and my Doctor's noticed that after I rode my Max I was calmed down more than normal and I was better able to talk about the things that troubled me.
crash.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Bad_Max.

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #3

Soon after that I still was unable to work due to some extreme issues I was having and I couldnt make ends meet with what I was recieving from L&I. The Vmax payments couldnt be made and it had to go to the repo man. About six months later I was given a honda PC800 (big scooter) by a good friend. I was told to ride it and not come back til I got my SH*t mellowed out. Took quite a while on that bike.
Well, it will be four years next month. My credit has since gone in the crapper and I ended up letting go of most of the valuable items I had. But, I have learned alot about myself and about the friends I choose to have. I have wanted another max since the afternoon that I delivered mine to the repo man (I wouldnt let him throw it up on the truck).
I recieved a mediocre settlement from my accident and with a good sized piece of it I am depositing a down payment on the 09 Max. With my credit as bad as it became I was required to put down 1/2 of the total price but for me it will be more than worth it, physically, monetarily and emotionally.
After my accident the Vmax was the first to show me that the world isnt all bad.

Thats my story and if I could put a Max on my wrist life would even be better

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #4

Wow! What a story. My problems dont seem so big after all. I wish you all the best with your new Vmax. Hope things get better for you. You are in my prayers.
  • 3rdvmax
  • Fresh Max

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #5

Thanks you for your endearing story. It is definitely one that needed to be told, for your sake and for ours. Life is full of uncertainties, and events that can cause anguish for us, as well as others. www.StarVmax.com is supposed to be a fun website, where we share our personal feelings and experiences regarding motorcycles, particularly the Vmax. While your story is not of the "fun" variety, it needed to be told & shared with all of us, partially to lighten your burden, but more so to remind us all that each day is a precious gift. We are not in control of all events surrounding us, yet we strive to be, somehow believeing we have all the answers, when in fact we don't. What happened that fateful day was beyond your control. Hard as that may be to grasp, it simply was his time to go. You, however are still with us, and growing as a person, each day becoming stronger and wiser. Your ability to heal, and grow, and show compassion, is a testament to YOUR life. Wanting a new Vmax, or watch, is hardly a transgression. It is YOUR therapy, a celebration of life (if you will) that will make the ups & downs of life a little bit more bareable. There's no shame in that. Good luck to you on getting the things in life you want & Thanks for sharing...
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #6

Thanks for the thought and words. I have had my worst days pass and now am looking forward to better and better days.
I just reread my story and realized I never really emphasized why or how the Vmax was important to my healing process. The exileration from riding brought me back to my pre-accident state of mind.
The sound and the pull from the max grounded me and it is something you can only experience on a Max. When I was angry the Max took the anger like no other bike could then mellowed me out with ease.I had over 30,000 miles on my Max saw rain, snow, ice, desert heat and a whole lotta Harleys. I never had kids of my own so my Max was the next closest thing.
Since my old Max is gone (and I saw the new one) then I need to re-adopt a new one, and make it my own again.

Be safe and Keep the rubber side down

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #7

Thanks for that, but there's really no need to explain. In 1991 my dad went into the hospital for gall bladder surgery, a simple laser removal that went bad due to his getting pnemonia afterwards while in recovery. When I got the phone call that he didn't make it, I promptly went out and got on my Kawasaki 900 Eliminator, and immersed myself in speed & wind noise. I remember the tears rolling down and blowing off the side of my face @ 130mph. That poor bike took the beating that night that my heart couldn't. We all find a way to deal with things when we don't really know how to. Sometimes our most treasured possesions take the brunt of our grief, when we can't really handle what has happened in our lives. Every day be thankful for what you have and who you are.

(Please read all of this)

"Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings. Thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as
long as possible. Thank you, Lord , that I can see. Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising .. Thank you, Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned, tempers are short, and children are loud..
Thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the picture in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced.
Thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job often is monotonous. Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were different..

Thank you, Lord, for LIFE."
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #8

thank you for sharing that. I copied and saved it to share with my family members and friends. When it is put that way it makes you stop and think about how much we really do take for granted.

Re:vmx1200 necessity 5 years 7 months ago #9

Thanks a lot for sharing your story. I truly hope it will get you on to different thoughts. If you ever need help in a tough moment you know where to get hold of us. We are here to help each other...
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook