Friday April 25 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Want to win this UNIQUE item? <a href=http://www.starvmax.com/News/starVmax-News/Time-to-Ride-This-is-VMAX.html>Time to Ride - This is VMAX!</a><br>
Tell us YOUR story and make the world read and comment on it! Check out the rules for this once in a live time contest and take home the ultimate complement to your new 2009 VMAX. Good luck to all of you!

TOPIC: NEED2SPEED

NEED2SPEED 5 years 8 months ago #1

Freedom is VMax. Our world today is intent on suppressing the human spirit, nothing can be too innovative, different or powerful, at the risk of being labeled unacceptable. George Orwell 's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four shows us where that leads. (Big Brother) I can appreciate the need for public safety but we must make room to let loose. (i.e. closed course events, airport style events) This is how to keep our streets safe. I've been crazy for the Max since I bought my 1999. Any past owner can attest to the love you build for this motorcycle. I've made a change to the FZ1 in 2001 for handling sake but the Max still courses through my veins. The introduction of the new 2009 VMax led me strait to my dealer with money in hand. I've been to Yamaha Canada's head office in Toronto to see in person the new 2009 VMax that lies in their lobby. It's amazing. (That's right everyone, there's one in their LOBBY !!!)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by adrenalinjunkie. Reason: pictures too big
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:NEED2SPEED 5 years 8 months ago #2

I agree, I sold my 07 Vmax and got the Fz-1. I promptly started wall papering the dining room with little yellow pieces of paper that say I did WRONG> Guilty as charged, we need more closed circuit events, more places to be free to experience one of lifes most thrilling sensations Need6

Misbehaving on an Fz-1 B)
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 832
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Bad_Max.

Re:NEED2SPEED 5 years 8 months ago #3

Bad, I'm sure there's a nice little closed yard at Leavenworth you can ride around in. :)

Oliver should start a contest for the first new VMaxer to post their mug shot. :whistle:

BTW, I just sent in $107 this week to pay for a ticket...
  • Jayhawk
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 8

Re:NEED2SPEED 5 years 8 months ago #4

Welcome to StarVmax adrenalinjunkie! Great first post. I agree that an effort should be put forward by clubs and municipalities to have safe designated regular events and areas for "Letting Loose". Some areas have stepped up to the plate and are doing this but too many are not and thus we have what we have... street racing and everything that goes along with it. Now in Ontario rather than look at the problem and try to solve it they have severe penalties if caught going 50 kph over the speed limit you loose your ride, license, fines.... It is to the point that one would debate weather or not to stop and risk running. I just think there is a better way.

Cheers, :beer:
  • Mad Max
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 2
If it's not in your blood - your a poser!

Re:NEED2SPEED 5 years 7 months ago #5

Welcome and good luck with the contest!
  • fxstein
  • Time to Ride! This is VMax!
  • Thank you received: 457
"It's time to Ride - This is Vmax."
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook