Tuesday September 02 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone required to leave bike for recall?

Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #1

So, I just got off the phone with Honda Yamaha of Fort Walton Beach. The guy in the service department says he can't order the recall parts until they have the bike in their shop, then it will take 3-5 business days to get the parts, then a day to do the work. Anyone else have to do this to get their recall done? Maybe I'll trailer my bike back to Fayetteville, NC for the work. At least I had a good relationship with that shop before I left.
  • medic981
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 354
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #2

Dealers are a bit skiddish if you didn't buy the bike from them. Too many times they've ordered parts for a job and then the customer never brought the bike in. They're trying to cover their ass is all. If you bought your bike from them, then they're a little more lenient as far as ordering parts for you.. Might ask to leave a check to cover cost of the part & have them order it. When you bring your bike in for the recall & they're sure they're going to get paid, they hand you back your check. May work.. :hmmm:
  • No_Max
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2791
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by No_Max.

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #3

My selling dealer is telling me the same thing.Not very happy about it . I also don't think they want you over there shoulder the whole time while they work or they may feel like your rushing them while you wait.I get both sides . But i'm not leaving mine. Heck I think the letter even said make an appointment don't recall 5 day wait when it said that. Maybe i'm wrong.
  • connolly1
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 44

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #4

Yeah, I had one dealership in Texas that wanted to do that, I said no. So, I took it to another dealership that just ordered the parts and I brought the bike in when they got there. Looking back on what happened...I should have left at the 1st dealership...
  • Jetman
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 259

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #5

My dealer ordered the parts right away no questions asked. I brought my bike in once it was a decent temperature outside and picked it up a week later. It was done the next day but I didn't have time to pick it up.
  • fastmax1
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 27
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vstan

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #6

I purchased my bike out of state. I just had to call my local dealer in Pennsylvania "Rusty Palmers " in Honesdale Pa, and he ordered me the recall parts. Took it to him yesterday at 9am and he called by noon that it was finished. Treated me well. All dealers should be like that!
  • Vstan
  • Fresh Max
  • Thank you received: 4

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #7

Called my selling dealer and they ordered the pump no questions asked and called me back when it arrived. That was 2 weeks ago, haven’t had time to bring the bike to them. I plan on waiting for the pump to be installed and will watch the tech perform the recall. Dealer said they’ve performed a couple already, but I’m a little freaked by Jetman and Mark’s stories, so I want to make sure those gears get lined up properly. Should have some time next week to get 'er done.

No_Max is correct – dealers are allowed a percentage of the parts they purchase to be returned. They’re just trying to keep the returns down to a minimum.
  • finetune
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 115

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #8

+ 1 on that Bob I do not think that is a prerequisite from Yamaha but dealer discretion from being stuck with recall ordered parts never installed, my dealer has mine on standby till the wheels arrive they don't seem to have the same rules but I do have a relationship with them plus being a mandatory recall kind of hard to figure their logic Joey but try the check or credit card thing that way they can't lose.
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1748

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #9

:hi: is better if you trailer your bike and have the work done the same day, that is how i got mine done and they took only 40 minutes to perform the recall. good luck
  • TITO REYES
  • Senior Max
  • TITO V- MAX
  • Thank you received: 15

Re: Anyone required to leave bike for recall? 2 years 9 months ago #10

I took mine to the dealership I purchased from and picked up 3 hours later.
  • MAXFORD
  • Fresh Max
  • Thank you received: 6
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook