Saturday August 30 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide

Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #1

I don't like the pics on Brocks website of the exhaust :tounge: . So I wondering if owners with brocks installed would post them so I can make a decision :goodbad2: . I'm running 50/50 between the short meg and the allenhead, but have heard the Gen 4 may make a hp or 2 more.

So please post up your best :photo: . I will make my decision hopefully by friday, thanks.
  • arabian2
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 138
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #2

I think your decision should be based on what sound your looking for , because regardless which muffler you go with your still going to have more power than any other exhaust I know of.
If you want something that you will be heard coming from blocks away I'd go with the new just released Alien2 muffler , it sounds very nasty a real low loud growl and you can buy seperately a DB killer noise plug that go's in and out very quickly and it does tame the loudness a little. Heres a pic of the Alien2 on my bike.

ALIEN2ATEXPO.jpg
  • TB21
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 289
The following user(s) said Thank You: arabian2

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #3

And you heard correct...The Gen4 makes almost 2-RWHP more than the other mufflers "you won't feel 2-HP" and the carbonfiber Gen4 is the best looking IMHO. The Gen4 is not that loud at all , should be acceptable by anyones measure. Everyone has a different opinion on muffler choice so take your time deciding and get the one you like most. You'll love the Brock's Performance exhaust and use the MAP's they provide , they are spot on , or use GURU's Re-flash. Heres a pic of the Gen4 on my bike.

IM000862_2012-02-22.JPG
  • TB21
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 289
The following user(s) said Thank You: capt bob

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #4

The short meg and the alien meg are bout the same LOUD sound great but nasty the gen 4 is a deeper burly sound and sill
pretty loud but considerbly quiter than the short meg series I have both and run The Gen 4 as my primary but will put the short meg on for Daytona and the track , The short meg can be dropped several inches with a longer bracket and by twisting the midpipe elbow is more in line with the swingarm my avatar pic is the shortmeg dropped that also projects the sound more back instead of up. I will nose around for some pics I know on the drag racing post I had the G 4 on if it's visible.
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1748
The following user(s) said Thank You: arabian2

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #5

Here's a full can side shot for you. Gen 4 can.

Hindle changed, for the better, the spring mounts to the backside of the pipes since I bought mine. If I had the option, I would have chosen hidden springs, but early adopters....

IMG_4365_2012-02-22.JPG
  • okbrown
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 1027
WHERE'S TED?? Ride Commandment: Thou shalt not pass the ride leader (unless you know where you're going). Friends don't let friends leave the ride, without a map or GPS. ;-)

2009 VMax
VMOA #5544
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by okbrown.

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #6

Brock did change it a bit made the midpipe shorter and it looks larger in diameter not sure though
Damn Shaun you Steed is looking good !
I am thinking about doing the Glossy black Ceramic instead of the Ti i got this one used so it came in Ti natural
pics are in my garage tonight so kinda dim.
IMG_20120222_215626.jpg

IMG_20120222_215600.jpg
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #7

TB21 wrote:
I think your decision should be based on what sound your looking for , because regardless which muffler you go with your still going to have more power than any other exhaust I know of.
If you want something that you will be heard coming from blocks away I'd go with the new just released Alien2 muffler , it sounds very nasty a real low loud growl and you can buy seperately a DB killer noise plug that go's in and out very quickly and it does tame the loudness a little. Heres a pic of the Alien2 on my bike.

ALIEN2ATEXPO.jpg

That can looks very good IMO.

Bob could you please help him out and post photos of all of the mufflers you've had on your Max?
Please limit it to 10 per post...it makes it easier to scan through the photos. Three post's should do it. :lol2:
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 3313
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #8

itgoes wrote:
TB21 wrote:

ALIEN2ATEXPO.jpg

That can looks very good IMO.

Bob could you please help him out and post photos of all of the mufflers you've had on your Max?
Please limit it to 10 per post...it makes it easier to scan through the photos. Three post's should do it. :lol2:

Hardy har har you ought to see my wifes Shoe collection i am tame compared to her.
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #9

Brocks 4/1

rick
Attachments:
  • Rick52
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 316
The following user(s) said Thank You: docrok

Re: Brock Exhuast Pics...I need to decide 2 years 6 months ago #10

Dang it TB21, UPS hasn't even dropped off my system yet with the carbon can and now you post that black alien head 2. Wish i saw this a few days ago, maybe i will have to start collecting cans like the Capt.
  • hirevn
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 293
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook