Friday September 19 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brakes question

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #31

Kids, kids, kids. Dont make me seperate you two. Don't know how much further than New York and California you can go without someone getting wet. :winkwink:
  • okbrown
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 1030
WHERE'S TED?? Ride Commandment: Thou shalt not pass the ride leader (unless you know where you're going). Friends don't let friends leave the ride, without a map or GPS. ;-)

2009 VMax
VMOA #5544
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by okbrown.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #32

okbrown wrote:
Kids, kids, kids. Dont make me seperate you two. Don't know how much further than New York and California I can go without someone getting wet. :winkwink:

Shaun,

I agree with you. I just try to help when I can, With what help that I have,(Which Isn't Too Much), And if that isn't enough I Serve As A Good WHIPPING POST !

S.A.M. :bigblush:
  • Marks9222
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 426

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #33

S.A.M.,

I really expected one of you to jump in on one of the previous posts, but it appears someone took their medication today. :puhh:

Shaun
  • okbrown
  • Gold Max
WHERE'S TED?? Ride Commandment: Thou shalt not pass the ride leader (unless you know where you're going). Friends don't let friends leave the ride, without a map or GPS. ;-)

2009 VMax
VMOA #5544

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #34

okbrown wrote:
S.A.M.,

I really expected one of you to jump in on one of the previous posts, but it appears someone took their medication today. :puhh:

Shaun

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Marks9222
  • Platinum Max

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #35

Marks9222 wrote:
okbrown wrote:
S.A.M.,

Shaun

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun and S.A.M.,
Ok...you guys can stop with the laughter now...thanks to my kind neighbor, I have taken my "Chill Pill", got some needed sleep and feel much better now...

I just hope Mark is feeling better than this morning also...no, the other Mark...

Art
  • cvvmax
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 1428

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #36

Art,

Just making sure you understood that I thought S.A.M. would jump in on the "pulling your nipples" comment. Can't see how they didn't jump all over that one, I sure would've.

Picked up a MightyVac today and will bleed the brakes dry, remove the nipples and get the correct sizes off of them.

Talked to Whitney at Speed Bleeders, nice lady BTW, and she said all the info they had on bikes comes from customers, so they're dependent on riders to let them know the sizes. Not suprisingly, she said ALL Auto and Motorcycle manufacturers refuse to give out any info on parts to the competition. She added that she'd be willing to ship other sizes, extras, to make sure that I was covered. Very cool.

As a tip she added that I should keep and use the OEM bleeders to get the new lines prepped. After the new Master Cylinder and lines are ready for prime time, THEN switch out the OEMs for the Speed Bleeders. They don't work well on dry systems.

Shaun
  • okbrown
  • Gold Max

2009 VMax
VMOA #5544

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #37

okbrown wrote:
Art,

Just making sure you understood that I thought S.A.M. would jump in on the "pulling your nipples" comment. Can't see how they didn't jump all over that one, I sure would've.

Picked up a MightyVac today and will bleed the brakes dry, remove the nipples and get the correct sizes off of them.

Talked to Whitney at Speed Bleeders, nice lady BTW, and she said all the info they had on bikes comes from customers, so they're dependent on riders to let them know the sizes. Not suprisingly, she said ALL Auto and Motorcycle manufacturers refuse to give out any info on parts to the competition. She added that she'd be willing to ship other sizes, extras, to make sure that I was covered. Very cool.

As a tip she added that I should keep and use the OEM bleeders to get the new lines prepped. After the new Master Cylinder and lines are ready for prime time, THEN switch out the OEMs for the Speed Bleeders. They don't work well on dry systems.

Shaun

Shaun,

Sounds like you have it all under control !

I'm rooting for you to get everything done and back the way it was by riding season !

Then you can change your Avatar back !

Having A Good Thought !

Mark
  • Marks9222
  • Platinum Max

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #38

This is the that I will talk about this obviously misunderstanding by Mark (itgoes) about my unintentional statement in a previous post here for which I received far too many emails from Mark with indirect threats to "call me out" if I were to promote certain parts on the site and to even be called a name which I will not re-quote here.

I even apologized to Mark saying that I was sorry if he took it the way and it was never my intention or did I even have him in my mind when I wrote the post. He did accept my apology with the hint that I did make the statement intentionally and that is what annoys me. That is so far from the facts.

So, I will put this in the history books but had to put the TRUTH of the matter out there and not some misguided personal "feeling".

Art
  • cvvmax
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 1428

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #39

I'm sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but this question is on topic.
I would just like to know if there is a complete Brembo brake system for our Maxs, or is there a brembo system for an R1 that would fit the Max? Or any other brake brand for that matter?
The only complete brake system I've seen for Max is the Beringer one on www.cannesmotoservices.com site.
I'm not too familiar with Beringer, so I'd would like to hear some opinions.
  • Power Slave
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 345

Re: Brakes questions 3 years 6 months ago #40

Power Slave wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but this question is on topic.
I would just like to know if there is a complete Brembo brake system for our Maxs, or is there a brembo system for an R1 that would fit the Max? Or any other brake brand for that matter?
The only complete brake system I've seen for Max is the Beringer one on www.cannesmotoservices.com site.
I'm not too familiar with Beringer, so I'd would like to hear some opinions.

The Max and the R1 share the same brakes in the front (I think)? Brembo does not list brakes for the new R1 but the list on their site may not be up to date. You would think they would have them for the R1 seeing as how popular the bike is. Of course the Max front master is already a Brembo part...not sure whether their aftermarket version would be any different internally.

imgCAZ99JGC.jpg

Mark
  • itgoes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 3378
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by itgoes.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook