Thursday October 02 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On!

Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #1

Got shook here pretty good a coupe of hours ago when the earthquake hit. I was sitting at my desk and my chair rolled forward and then back 3" or 4" several times before I hit the floor running for the door. :scary:

Several people here have my footprints on their back......hey, they gotta learn to move a little faster. :lol2:
  • itgoes
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 3397
Mark B

"The Future Is Unwritten"
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by itgoes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #2

WTF Mark ! I am leaving for the Bronx very early Thursday morning keep the EARTHQUAKES TO A DULL ROARR maybe we can hook up this time
I will get ahold of Tyler and Neil too.

So was it a terroist attack? I Virginia Felt From D.C. to Boston
QBy Esmé E. Deprez - Aug 23, 2011 3:15 PM ET .
inShare.9
More
Business ExchangeBuzz up!DiggPrint Email ..Enlarge image
5.9 Quake in Virginia Felt From D.C. to Boston Mladen Aontonov/AFP/Getty Images
A law enforcement officer uses a megaphon to communicate with the people gathered in Lower Manhattan after an earthquake in Virginia was felt in New York on August 23, 2011.

A law enforcement officer uses a megaphon to communicate with the people gathered in Lower Manhattan after an earthquake in Virginia was felt in New York on August 23, 2011. Photographer: Mladen Aontonov/AFP/Getty Images
Enlarge image
NYC, Washington Shaken as Magnitude 5.9 Quake Hits Virginia Charles Dharapak/AP
People stand on the streets of Washington, Aug. 23, 2011, after evacuating from buildings following a 5.9 earthquake that hit northwest of Richmond, Va., shaking much of Washington, D.C., and felt as far north as Rhode Island and New York City.

People stand on the streets of Washington, Aug. 23, 2011, after evacuating from buildings following a 5.9 earthquake that hit northwest of Richmond, Va., shaking much of Washington, D.C., and felt as far north as Rhode Island and New York City. Photographer: Charles Dharapak/AP
.A 5.9 magnitude earthquake, the biggest to strike the Virginia area in more than a century, hit about 35 miles (56 kilometers) northwest of Richmond, rocking buildings from Washington to Boston and causing office workers in New York City to rush into the street.

Reverberations were felt as far west as Columbus, Ohio, and as far north as Toronto after the quake hit at 1:51 p.m. local time today, the U.S. Geological Survey said on its website. It was the strongest quake to hit the Virginia area since 1897, according to USGS data.

Dominion Resources Inc. lost all offsite power at its North Anna nuclear power plant in Virginia and is operating on diesel generators, said Beth Hayden, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is open and operating, and employees didn’t evacuate after today’s earthquake, a spokeswoman for the central bank said.

“We did not evacuate,” Richmond Fed spokeswoman Laura Fortunato said in an e-mail. “We are open for business and continue to operate.”

Mobile phone service was spotty in New York City and Washington, and the Federal Aviation Administration halted some flights into John F. Kennedy Airport. Control towers at Kennedy and Newark Liberty Airport were evacuated, said Ron Marsico, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Workers in downtown Washington gathered on street corners after evacuating their offices. While there was no visible damage, it jarred residents
did not think NYC was on a fault line.

Pulled off the Bloomberg report
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1753
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by capt bob.

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #3

Just seen it on the News...all safe
  • Hanshi
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 436
My name is Helen, I got my 1st bike in 1973 it was a 650 Yamaha in 1974 I had 2 650 Yamaha's I then got a 850 Yamaha and was the 1st in New Zealand to get the 1100 Yamaha.I have a 2005 xjr1300
I would like someone to buy me a 2009 VMax as I just love the look of this bike and I would love to ride...

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #4

Bob give me a call when you've got an idea when you might be arriving. The Bronx huh? Shoot, parts of the Bronx are crumbling all by themselves......it doesn't need an earthquake!

Depending on what area of the Bronx you are visiting, you may want to bring a friend along.......in your waistband.
  • itgoes
  • Platinum Max
Mark B

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #5

itgoes wrote:
Bob give me a call when you've got an idea when you might be arriving. The Bronx huh? Shoot, parts of2 the Bronx are crumbling all by themselves......it doesn't need an earthquake!

Depending on what area of the Bronx you are visiting, you may want to bring a friend along.......in your waistband.

2 Trusty buddys travel one Titanium pocketrocket and the Sig equinox 357 w / 3 mags various knives and one flamethrower

Boston ave hows that section of town?
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #6

Yeah you're ready to rock and roll NY style!
  • Twin Daddy
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 260

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #7

:itgoes wrote:
Got shook here pretty good a coupe of hours ago when the earthquake hit. I was sitting at my desk and my chair rolled forward and then back 3" or 4" several times before I hit the floor running for the door. :scary:

Several people here have my footprints on their back......hey, they gotta learn to move a little faster. :lol2:
m
Mark, I bet u ran in the 8's on that run... :winkwink:
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1793
I'm right here..REALLY!!
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Qtip.

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #8

capt bob wrote:
itgoes wrote:
Bob give me a call when you've got an idea when you might be arriving. The Bronx huh? Shoot, parts of2 the Bronx are crumbling all by themselves......it doesn't need an earthquake!

2 Trusty buddys travel one Titanium pocketrocket and the Sig equinox 357 w / 3 mags various knives and one flamethrower

Boston ave hows that section of town?

I think you mean Boston Road....that's not a great area but I wouldn't be worried about it. I'll be happy to make that leg of the trip with you...it would be easy for me.
  • itgoes
  • Platinum Max
Mark B

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #9

Cool it's the 3700 block boston rd sounds like back up to me .

Call ya when I get n the NJTP
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max

Re: Whole Lot a Shaking Going On! 3 years 1 month ago #10

I grew up at 2334 Boston post rd Bx. until I was 12-13 years old. (Big red building)
Back in the 80's when crack was invented, it was a war zone on the streets. I'be got some stories.

Hey Bob...you going to my old neighborhood without me?
  • NY-Vmax-Joe
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 451
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook