Wednesday September 03 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 3 years 2 weeks ago #21

i asked permission before i posted anything. i know how important it is to have site sponsors. but for example, im walking away with 15 dollars per backrest after i pay for it, powder coat it, pay paypal/ebay fees and ship it. im just not getting rich off of this stuff. it's more for the joy of seeing someone using something i had a hand in making. i knew if i didnt make it, someone else would make it first and charge double or triple what i would. it's just not a business for me and i just view all vmax riders as my friends. i didnt buy my vmax as a commercial opportunity, so-to-speak

im not cloning other people's stuff, if it does end up getting removed, then so be it. its not my site and its a privilege to be here. but it would be nice if we could have a member only subforum that only registered members could see to share ideas and trade parts that AREN'T making a living/huge profit off of it.

edit: i've lost money on every set of crashbars i've made and sold. if it werent for the backrest profit my vmax parts checkbook would be in the red.
  • Mattness
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 171
blacked out while butt chugging
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Mattness.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VMaxChuck

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 3 years 2 weeks ago #22

I don't see it being a problem.. You never hijacked a thread or disparaged a sponsors product to try & sell yours ;)
  • No_Max
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 2798
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by No_Max.

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 3 years 2 weeks ago #23

I met Matt over the weekend in Columbus IN at the Vmoa ride and we talked about his products. He definitely has a VMAX obsession and is very into sharing that with others. I believe he offers his products for the Love of the Max, not to get rich. I have sold quite a few bars on this web site also, not for the profit, but to get a good guality piece to help out those who wanted a hi-way bar for some pegs to make their riding experience more enjoyable. Like Matt, we are offering a service to help our fellow riders and I have taken it a step further by taking any profit that I make from the bars and give it to my church and to charities around the Indinapolis area. Thanks to all of you who have supported both Matt and myself.
  • tomf5327
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 113
The following user(s) said Thank You: VMaxChuck, Maxnut

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 5 months ago #24

Are the hiway bars still available? How much?

Thanks for your time
  • caperocket
  • Fresh Max
  • Thank you received: 1

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 5 months ago #25

I would send Tom a PM , He just sold his Max a couple weeks ago but did say he would continue with the bars
The PM would send him an E Mail notification .

Doubleclick on his name/avatar for that send message box.

Please post up in the Welcome mat fellow Florida rider to introduce yourself I am in Clearwater .
  • capt bob
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1748
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattness

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 5 months ago #26

for highway bars get with tom. its not looking good for those. i've met tom personally and he is a good guy. its a shame he sold his max though, i didnt find out until i opened this thread.

but, speak of the devil; i just got a phone call today saying i had more backrests done after literally almost a 1 year wait of getting played around.

i dont give dates anymore because people always back out on me. so all i can say is >>> back rests YES crashbars at the moment... NO

best i can tell you is soon. a few guys here i gave dates to, it didn't happen and they're getting a very very steep discount. especially Ron, i owe you a million apologies and id like to give you one for free if you'll accept it.

again this is not a business for me, i work on an assembly line for Honda.
  • Mattness
  • Expert Max
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Mattness.

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 2 months ago #27

ok guys sorry i havent been active I havent rode that much this year. we started building the new acura ILX and have been working 6 days a week 8-11 hour days.

I finally got backrests in stock friday, and took them straight to my powdercoating shop. they are identical to the last run (the ones pictured previously). i currently have 32. If anyone wants one PM me.

Once theyre gone i do plan on ordering more, but as you can see, it could take a while. The place that makes them for me doesnt consider me as a serious business authority. so they put my projects on the backburner.

120 dollars, shipping is on me to a forum member.
(if you are reading this as a guest, make an account and introduce yourself for the discount)

they will be going up on ebay but they will be more on there and will have shipping charges.

Again, i sincerely apologize to everyone who has waited and waited... and waited. i did get all of your messages and responded to them as best as i could.
  • Mattness
  • Expert Max
The following user(s) said Thank You: twistedmax-gasser

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 2 months ago #28

Matt, what about the highway bars?

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 2 months ago #29

they have the drawings made for the next batch, im gonna go harass them this week and see if i can get a rise out of them.
  • Mattness
  • Expert Max

Re: parts ive made for the gen 2 on EBAY 2 years 2 months ago #30

Matt, you have a pm
  • Laundryboy
  • Fresh Max
  • Thank you received: 2
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook