Tuesday September 02 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #111

Finally got the bars on. Took it around the block to test everything out. I'll be taking it out further tonight. So far, so good! Thanks, Dale!!!

IMG_2319.JPG
  • medic981
  • Expert Max
  • Thank you received: 354
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein, Kodiak, skullmax, PeaDawg

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #112

Nice ...........Joey....they look sweeeeet....gotta hear about how they handle.

Let us know..

Just got mine....love those grips.........Red too....that'll boost your speed..... :lol:

----PeaDawg
  • PeaDawg
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 1030
When in doubt....THROTTLE OUT!

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #113

Just got in from about 100 miles. First of all, I love them! They are a little more on the aggressive side than I had imagined them to be. I definitely can tell the difference in the hard grips compared to the stock ones now. It's a lot easier to tuck in to the tank now... feels more natural. For me, it's a good combination between the stock riding position and that of a sport bike. Dale, great job and thanks for making a great product!

Installation notes... I was able to use my bar ends by using the rubber inserts that came with Dale's bar ends. If you do this, just be sure you have about 1/8th inch between the throttle and the bar end. You'll need to drill three holes in the handle bar to fit everything. Remember to measure twice and drill once, not the other way around!

The red grips and levers help keep the front end down. Everyone knows that red adds drag. :winkwink:
  • medic981
  • Expert Max
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remaxed

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #114

medic981 wrote:
Just got in from about 100 miles. First of all, I love them! They are a little more on the aggressive side than I had imagined them to be. I definitely can tell the difference in the hard grips compared to the stock ones now. It's a lot easier to tuck in to the tank now... feels more natural. For me, it's a good combination between the stock riding position and that of a sport bike. Dale, great job and thanks for making a great product!

Installation notes... I was able to use my bar ends by using the rubber inserts that came with Dale's bar ends. If you do this, just be sure you have about 1/8th inch between the throttle and the bar end. You'll need to drill three holes in the handle bar to fit everything. Remember to measure twice and drill once, not the other way around!

The red grips and levers help keep the front end down. Everyone knows that red adds drag. :winkwink:

Thank you medic, glad you like your new Holeshot Superbike bars. Your bike looks clean with the red going on.

Ride safe ok

Dale :)

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #115

Joey, thanks for the feedback on the bars....I'm looking forward to installing mine as soon as I can figure out what grips and levers I want to run with. :laughing:

Really like the looks of those reds you've got on there....just keep telling yourself that the red doesn't make ya faster.....its so difficult for you niners to admit it...but that's cool....the first step is always the hardest :lol2:

I dropped that nasty old mud flap of mine off (finally) and I'd swear the dawg is faster now....maybe adding red isn't the only solution...as clearly, getting some black off the buuuttooocks made a difference. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  • PeaDawg
  • Gold Max

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #116

I got mine put on yesterday, and went for a short ride today. I didn't take the lower seat position of the Corbin into consideration, as has been mentioned, it's more agressive than I anticipated. I like the position it'll take a little getting used to.

107.jpg

091.jpg
  • Max_Warrior
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 117
WHERE'S TED?
The following user(s) said Thank You: medic981

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #117

Max_Warrior, that's a sweet looking ride you have there!!! I love the blacked out look. I bet it's quicker that way, too. What do you think, PeaDawg? :rotflmao:
  • medic981
  • Expert Max

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #118

M_W....yes, your BIKE is BAD_ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those DW drag bars are the icing on the cake!
  • Remaxed
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1487
Don't sweat the small stuff... it aint worth it! lol

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #119

M_W has one of the wicked most looking beast I've ever seen.....gotta love what you done there, Warrior

:bow:

always looks like she's egging for a fight!
medic981 wrote:
Max_Warrior, that's a sweet looking ride you have there!!! I love the blacked out look. I bet it's quicker that way, too. What do you think, PeaDawg? :rotflmao:
  • PeaDawg
  • Gold Max

Re: Star V Max Holeshot Superbike Bars, by Dale Walker 3 years 1 month ago #120

I installed the bars about a week ago, didn’t get any time to ride until today. Put a couple hundred miles on, and overall I like them a lot. The bars are 1” shorter that the Rizoma Conical bars I had on before. That might explain why the bike feels a little heavier in turns now. The riding position is definitely more aggressive. I agree with Max_Warrior, it will take some getting used to. Thanks Dale for a great product.

And there is NO red on my bike.

CIMG3063.JPG

CIMG3065.JPG
  • finetune
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 115
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook