Wednesday November 26 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
www.starVmax.com does not endorse modifications to a motorcycle's electronics. The information shared is for informational purposes only. Please be aware that any such modifications will void factory warranties. There is severe risk of component failure that can result in hazardous situations. Any such modifications should only be performed by experts.

TOPIC: 1st Ride with the "Flash"

1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #1

Capt. Bob lives close and dropped by tonight with a little PC problem, and after I took care of that, he threw me the keys and said "Check out the ECU reflash Bob" So I did! :bigsmile:

Just wanted to weigh in on the ECU reflash & echo what others have said.. Mr. Nash you really brought the whole Vmax community something special with your GuruedGear reflash.. Thanks for sticking to it even when you had your doubts.. It's definitely a WINNER! That's the way the bike should have run from the factory!

Spinning the big 240 tire is a breeze, but not spinning it is even more fun! Just taking off normal and THEN snapping open the throttle reveals just how much torque & horsepower the big V4 has. Arm stretching acceleration comes smooth & natural now with no bog. Before you can blink, it's time to shift, then time to shift again! It's really impressive if you've pushed a Vmax to its limits before, and aren't expecting much of a difference.. Wow! It made the whole Vmax riding experience different and exciting.. The sound is also different as you can hear those flies opening further than they're supposed to. The bike really responds well too. The timing tweaks must have helped there, but all I can say is it's money well spent for a much crisper responce & better performing V4. This firmware upgrade may void your warranty, but I've put Max thru it's paces and KNOW the rest of the motor will stand up. I wouldn't worry too much about that. What you do have to worry about is what's in front of you & how much road you have to stop, at ALL times. The Vmax becomes a pretty hefty missle, and you better make sure it's pointed in the right direction before you light the fuse.. In conclusion all I can say is WOW, THAT was FUN! Thanks Bob for letting me ride.. Thanks Tim for making me WANT to ride! :clap:

Ducati Drivel? Not a chance with the reflash.. If Motorcycle News lined up the mod'd Duc against a "Flashed" Max, they'd be singing a different tune about who got smoked.. 100mph comes up quicker than 6 seconds, even with me on it! BET! :punk:

As Capt Bob took off, half way down the block the headlight was pointed skyward :D Thanks again Bob! :)
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 833
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Bad_Max.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmaxbabe, pokeynose, VMaxChuck, Kodiak, Qtip, vmaxdoc, TB21, skullmax, tjohnsen, hammer and this user have 3 others thankyou

1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #2

That means a lot coming from you Bob. Thanks Cap'n Bob for letting Bad Max ride your beast. I can't wait till I get mine done. Almost as much as waiting for my first Diavel encounter.
  • hammer
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1125

1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #3

I dunt believe you, I will have to try this out for myself... :winkwink:
  • Kodiak
  • Thank you received: 548

1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #4

Hey Cap'n you better check your tread. Probably not much left after Bobs joy ride.:lol2:
  • hammer
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1125

1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #5

Great report Bad_Max!:dancing: That was super nice of you Capt!:clap: Great work Tim!:thumbsup:
  • Remaxed
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1579
Don't sweat the small stuff... it aint worth it! lol

1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #6

It showed up with out much tread left on it :D I didn't want to spin it. I wasn't showing off for anybody.. This was a "test" of the reflash & I wanted to FEEL the difference, and trust me, you CAN feel the difference! It really wakes up the V4! The bike becomes a BEAST for REAL! :yes: I really don't think there's much on the street that you have to worry about, not light to light anyway ;)
  • Bad_Max
  • Community Accessory Master
  • Thank you received: 833
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
Get your V-Max ECU Re-Flashed to Full Power!
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Bad_Max.

Re: 1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #7

Great write up B_M,

Good to hear input from the experience that is you.....wish we had a picture of that smile.....know it was there.

Glad you got some flight time in.

The NASH FLASH....it does a body good....(makes me day dream about throttle and pavement.....on or off the MAX)

Kudos Capt Bob.....you are aces!

---PeaDawg
  • PeaDawg
  • Gold Max
  • Thank you received: 1044
When in doubt....THROTTLE OUT!

Re: 1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #8

Bob + Bob, thanks soo much!

Tim, please please please make a reflash for my European model!!!!!!

My warranty only lasted 2 years, so I don't give a sh*t anymore! I want to ride it like it was meant to be!!!
  • vmaxbabe
  • Platinum Max
  • Thank you received: 1521
Vmax 2009: give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by vmaxbabe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bad_Max, graebeler, MsRandiGalves

Re: 1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #9

vmaxbabe wrote:
Bob + Bob, thanks soo much!

Tim, please please please make a reflash for my European model!!!!!!

My warranty only lasted 2 years, so I don't give a sh*t anymore! I want to ride it like it was meant to be!!!

Same here....:clap:
  • Kenko
  • Senior Max
  • Thank you received: 80

Re: 1st Ride with the "Flash" 3 years 7 months ago #10

Good to see ya back on the Max Bob.. :evil:

I need to ride a reflashed Max.. :hmmm:

Anyone have one i can ride??? :bigsmile:
  • Qtip
  • Platinum Max
  • What ever!
  • Thank you received: 1797
I'm right here..REALLY!!
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

My Account

Sign in with Facebook